Early voted today

On Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 4:14:41 AM UTC-5, Neill Massello wrote:

Good work, very interesting. So the whole story sounds like BS. It also seems rather suspect that even in a state with closed primaries, if voters showed up and wanted to switch parties to vote in a primary, that they would be told a "call would have to made". You'd think the poll workers would have a form and signature system right there. I don't understand what the purpose of a call would be.
On 03/03/2018 03:14 AM, Neill Massello wrote:
[snip]

I'm in Texas, and when I vote in a primary election I'm asked if I'm voting Democratic or Republican. AFAIK, that's just for the current election and they're not keeping any permanent record of it. There is a box on the voter registration cards marked "Party Affiliation" but I've never seen it filled in.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

They keep a record, but its only restrictive effect is to prevent you from voting again in the current primary or from voting in one party's primary and then voting a few weeks later in the other party's runoff election. That's what the "Party Affiliation" line on the registration card is for: when you vote, it gets stamped with the name of the party whose primary you voted in. Before the next (even numbered) election year, you get a new registration card with a blank "Party Affiliation" line and are again free to vote in either party's primary.
On 3/3/2018 4:28 PM, Neill Massello wrote:

Let's hope a whole bunch of democrats vote for the weakest republican candidates in the primary.
Early voter turnout is the highest in history for any non-presidential election year in Texas, with nearly 1 million ballots cast ahead of Tuesday. https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/texas-primary-2018-03-06-voting-election-results-winners-live-stream-updates-tonight/
In the state's 15 largest counties, more than 885,000 people voted early, either in person or by mail — 420,329 Republicans and 465,245 Democrats — state election records show.
While that's less than 9 percent of the state's eligible voters, it still shows an increase of nearly 300,000 voters over four years ago. http://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/election/article203164244.html
--

"To paraphrase the Buddha — Three things cannot be long hidden:
the sun; the moon; and the truth. ‬
On 03/06/2018 05:28 PM, Jonathan wrote:

Fair's fair. I always vote for the weakest Democrat. Go Bernie!