Drywall question

I installed a new window (24X48}. Involved repairing drywall around the the new window.

I taped, etc., but beyond the tape a 2-3 inch crack appeared. Rather than taping that crack, or just filling it in with compound and chancing another separation, I'm wondering if filling the crack with Bondo would work?

Pros and cons?

DH in Denver

Reply to
DH in Denver

it cracked because it moved and had no give. bondo has no give. if you want to try and fix it without taping, you need something with give to it.

i would try some alex plus caulk or other paintable silicon/latex caulk. it probably wont work and will have to be taped in the end.

randy

Reply to
xrongor