Diamond blade for HF multipurpose power tool

1) The half moon #27673 diamond blade for tile grout and such, which has been on back order from Harbor Freight, is now in stock and shipping. Mine arrived today in time for some chores that the # 67274 plain metal blade can't handle. 2) Some sanding kits shipping with the tool have to have the pad modified to keep from unscrewing in use. The large washer supplied with the kit must be installed by drilling out the pad with a 1" hole saw to accommodate the washer. Take care to only remove the rubber pad material, not the metal backing. Overall. the HF MP tool continues to be a dandy low cost problem solver and beats everything for price. The single speed so far has been no disadvantage at all.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Glad to hear it's working out well for you. Out of curiosity, have you ever used a MF tool with variable speed?

RicodJour

Keeping an open mind on variable speed advantages, and no, I haven't tried one yet. But I may give it a go if I can find my old router speed control. Current DeWalt router is variable speed and very useful with large bits, so similar benefits may result with the Harbor Freight MF in some woodworking situations.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

The variable speed is very useful cutting metal as well. Having a needlessly fast oscillation wears out the blade sooner than necessary, and, as with all of these tools, the blades end up costing a lot more than the tool if you use the tool regularly.

RicodJour

RicodJour wrote in news:d745e214-b25d-42e1- snipped-for-privacy@b18g2000vbl.googlegroups.com:

I saw the HF one and got it just to try a MF tool out before spending significant bucks on a good one. Made life a lot easier for many tasks. The variable speed would indeed be better. Often can smell the wood, masonite or other materials burning or smoking.

Reply to
Red Green