damn that Julie Bove!

At the risk of starting some thing, did the deceased have any thing in common like being elderly, chronic, or Republican?

Common cause of death?

- . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Naw, I'll drop it now, but do consider chiro path. If you have any chiro's in your church, they might help without the need for laying out huge sums of money.

no correlation between deaths. all different.

The most tragic [to me] was their taking out an outstanding, upright citizen. He had TWO sons graduate from the Air Force Academy! While in being treated for 'nuisance' ailment contracted one of those 'nontreatable' hospital staph infections. Matured into appearing elsewhere as a hole in his back [rather large hole] that never would heal. Took about two years, but finally killed him after attacking various organs. Just a needless death.

[between you and me, I'm sure we agree there are some 'needful' deaths ;)]
Reply to
RobertMacy

I don't have real miracle stories of chiropractors, but when I get some stiffness and or pain in the back I do go for a few sessions. They almost always help. It is covered by my insurance, but I have pretty good insurance. We don't get paid too much but we have good benefits, unfortunately a pension isn't one of them.

Mostly I get upper back issues. Ever since I started doing lots of exercise - particularly abdomen, I don't get lower back issues. Apparently if you keep the abs strong, it supports the lower back. But all I have to do is sleep wrong or just move wrong and I can pull something out of whack in the upper back.

I don't think very highly of folks who say that we're the product of intelligent design since the back is a pretty bad design for upright beings. Not bad for beings that walk on all fours.

Folks here know a lot about buliding things, I think they could improve on the design. Seriously, why have respiratory secretions have to go UP.

Reply to
dgk

Seriously, for lower back issues I really think that getting the abs stronger is the way to go. The back is so complicated that no "one size fits all" statement is possible, but I was told that working on the abs will support the lower back, and it does seem to be true, at least for me.

My insurance actually pays back $200 if you go to the gym 50 times in

6 months, and I do that easily. We have one nearby my job and I often go for a 30 or 45 minute class at lunch time. Those classes are NOT designed for 60+ year old farts like me, but I do my best to keep up with the 20 yo women who mostly hit the classes. The guys tend to use the machines instead, but I don't have that dedication. I need the routine of working out in a group. Besides, the young ladies like the comic relief that I provide.

But I do some things slower, or use lighter weights, or skip a few reps. I just refer to that as my senior discount.

Reply to
dgk