Cyclists waste petrol

When a cyclist uses a busy road, he slows down all the cars, making them less efficient, using a lower gear, overtaking, changing speed, etc. So you bastards aren't green at all.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

It's "breathe".

And text consumes f*ck all bandwidth.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Plenty 4x4s, which you lot call trucks. A truck is actually a lorry and weighs 50 tonnes fully laden.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

You bastards dinnae like it when you're cycling on the cheap shit non-steamrolled tarmac and the stone chips fly into your face. Ha!

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

+1 Especially if riding in groups wearing lycra.
Reply to
alan_m

Around here they just run over the cyclists. If the F350 doesn't get them the horse trailer will..

I'm becoming a pussy in my old age and really like dedicated bike paths. Sharing narrow, shoulderless roads with traffic isn't my thing anymore.

Reply to
rbowman

If it ain't a Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG 6×6 it ain't a real truck.

Reply to
rbowman

Cars aren't allowed to drive two abreast, so why cyclists?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Sharing them when there's a cycle path right next to the bloody road is insanity, yet they all do it around here.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Anyone with a BMW or Merc has more money than sense.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

It is illegal here. Nobody ever gets charged tho.

Reply to
gfretwell

Police cars are perfectly capable of flattening cyclists, why do they not do so?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Too much paperwork to do after doing that.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Prick.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Cyclist lover. Pounder likes seeing their buttocks gyrating in lycra.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Paperwork should be illegal. It's high time all white collar workers were shot.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

When I'm in a bunch of traffic going 40mph, I'm in 5th gear driving economically. Then a cyclist makes us all go 20mph, and I'm in 4th. That uses more.

Yes. You can't drive slowly in 5th. Therefore the engine is turning over more times for the same distance.

Show me a car that drives happily in 5th at 20mph.

Most ignore the limit and drive at an economical speed. Certainly a steady one and certainly in top gear.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Hardly anyone drives like that.

I drive around town in 3rd and only use 4th in the higher speed limit areas if in one for a while. Only use 5th gear when in the 100Km or 110Km areas.

And everyone else stays in the same gear and goes slower, that that uses less.

Nope. Only fools are in 5th at that speed.

Not when you have enough of a clue to be in the same gear regardless of cyclists.

None of us are stupid enough to be in 5th all the time when doing 40mph and you cant do that even if there are no cyclists anyway.

But only go a bit above that. And often cant even drive at the speed limit because of the traffic even if there are no cyclists.

Even sillier than you usually manage, and that's saying something.

Even sillier than you usually manage, and that's saying something.

Even sillier than you usually manage, and that's saying something.

Reply to
Rod Speed

You must have really congested towns. I can sit happily in 5th at 30 or 40mph. But cyclists don't go that fast.

Usually 10-15mph over.

You need to move to a quieter area.

At least try to engage in the conversation.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Nope.

Bullshit, and hardly anyone is stupid enough to do that in 5th anyway.

Most arent actually stupid enough to stay in 5th except when there are cyclists.

BULLSHIT.

Nope. I'm not stupid enough to drive around in the built up areas in 5th.

I did.

Reply to
Rod Speed