Cleaning Floor Tile Glue Off Bathtub

I recently had new vinyl floor tiling put down in a rent house. I believe they used a glue with a brand name "Henry" . They installers got the glue on the bathtub, the walls, and door frame .... just a little here and a little there. I cannot get it off with 409, or any other cleaning fluid so far. I would appreciate any suggestions as to how I might get things cleaned up.

Bob

Reply to
seniorgeezer

Nail polish remover or if you're embarassed, acetone.

Reply to
RayV

"seniorgeezer" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

GooGone,mineral spirits,charcoal grill lighter fluid(petro solvent) Acetone is one of the stroongest solvents,but can damage plastics.

Of course,you could call up the installers and ASK them what they use as a solvent.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Depends on what the tub is made out of. If it is porcelain on steel, you can try almost anything (solvent) but if it is a fiberglass or acrylic material, use only goo gone or lighter fluid (napthaline) or an orange cleaner. Alcohols and soaps won't do a thing to this glue.

Personally, I would try to remove most of it with a (new) razor blade and then rub out the residue with my fingernail.

Reply to
PipeDown

"PipeDown" wrote in news:jWnbg.4373$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Grind down the end of a popsicle stick into a chisel shape and use that for a scraper so you don't scratch the porcelain.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Grind down the end of a popsicle stick into a chisel shape and use that for a scraper so you don't scratch the porcelain.

I replied:

Great tip!

Reply to
RayV