Central heat and air condition will not stop blowing

I had a "hard" power outage a couple of nights ago and all the sudden the blower keeps coming back on randomly, even though I have the Honeywell controller in the off postion (between heat and air) and the other on auto (not on).

I opened my windows to enjoy the nice weather and about once an hour it will start blowing for a few minutes then stop. Before that, it wouldn't stop at all, but someone told me to make sure the doors in on the system in the garage were on tight. I messed around and it went off. Now it just comes on occasionally.

My electric bill is going to be more than my budget if I can't find a fix.

Thanks!

Reply to
Tamara Lynn

Find the circuit breaker for the heater/AC and turn it off that way for starters.

Reply to
hrhofmann

I think I found them. There were 2 marked A/C, but below I see a single switch for heater, but it looks like it was marked through and more added below.

Reply to
Tamara Lynn

online manual that doesn't seem to help

Tamara Lynn

I had a furnace/AC blower that wouldn't stop blowing. Apparently the computer board got its electronics scrambled somehow. The fix was to unplug the furnace and leave it unplugged for several minutes (I used

10 minutes). Then when I plugged it back in all was working well again and has been now for several months. Kinda like rebooting a crashed computer I guess... ;)
Reply to
AJL

Thanks, I will try that. I just can't figure out if the problem is the thermostat or unit, so I will try both.

Reply to
Tamara Lynn

Just temporarily disconnect the thermostat if you want to rule that out.

Reply to
trader4

I pulled the batteries out of the thermostat for 10-15 seconds. When I put them back in, the fan immediately kicked on and finally shut off.

Reply to
Tamara Lynn

Pull the fuse or trip the breaker to off.

Reply to
clare