Car accessory

I need to have a way to spray black paint or used diesel motor oil out my tail pipe for cars and trucks that ride my ass with their big f****ng bright lights.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

I'm working on my tire-melting laser system to discourage tailgaters. Also, thinking about a nice big parabolic mirror to send that blinding light right back at 'em.

Reply to
Smitty Two

Back in the last century when I attended college, I had a 1965 Dodge Dart with the venerable Slant Six engine. I ran the hose from the windshield washer pump to the carburetor and filled the reservoir with transmission fluid. When I pusher the washer button, trans fluid was sprayed into the intake and copious amounts of thick white smoke emanated from the tailpipe. Whenever someone tailgated me, I would smoke them out. At night, their headlights would turn yellow and vanish in the thick fog. I could also drive around the local burger joint and make it disappear in a big thick cloud of smoke. Great fun.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Sounds good, to me.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

No, you said "tail pipe"...

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Back in my commuter days I used to see a big white land yacht on the highway most mornings. The driver ALWAYS had a newspaper open across the steering wheel. This moron was driving 70mph on a 6-lane highway while reading the newspaper. I once called the police and reported the license plate and that the guy read the paper while drving EVERY day. They said they really couldn't do anything except write it down. When he finally had an "accident" he was uninjured, but killed the driver of the car he hit. Turns out that many, many people had reported this idiot, so his claims of "I just lost control" didn't fly. I think he might actually have done jail time.

Reply to
tmclone

For future reference, if you encounter somethingh like this, a letter to the commissioner of motor vehicles of your state is usually more effective. The motor vehicle commissioner has a lot more latitude as to what can be done. A driver's license is a privelege, not a right, and the commissioner can take it away for any cause, or even no cause at all.

In most cases, the commissioner would have a conversation with the person and make sure the situation is corrected so that the offender may keep thier license.

Reply to
salty

Ha ha, that's rich!

Reply to
Larry W

I've done it, and it was VERY effective.

Reply to
salty

This was about 15 years ago, in NY. The DMV wouldn't even take down the info. They told me to call the cops. Could have just been a lazy person at that one office, I guess.

Reply to
tmclone

Do you really think that if I wrote a letter to the Commisioner of Motor Vehicles for the State of California/New York/Florida/wherever and reported a driver with a newspaper on the steering wheel that he is going to pick up the phone and call the guy? Or is he going to stop by the house?

Do you really believe that a "conversation" will take place?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Yes. I have done it myself, which is why I suggested it. It was first suggested to me by a state trooper, who told me that he couldn't help me. I asked who could, and that was his advice. It worked.

Reply to
salty

Yep. In some cases, the posted speed limit is merely a suggestion.

For example, a doctor rushing to save a life or a husband transporting a pregnant wife. Exigent circumstances, especially when a life is at stake, trumph ALL traffic laws. Those who would prevent a speeder may very well be costing someone their life.

Reply to
HeyBub

Not to mention FTPSITP (fail to put spaces in their posts).

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You are wrong there. Nobody is allowed to speed, not even a cop with the lights and siren on. We know some do, but they are breaking the law.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

You are wrong there, Our local METRO PD has a policy about exceeding the posted limit. With lights and sirens on, the officer can proceed above the limit. In this case the officer was responding to a domestic case. Proven later, to be a made up case by a daughter on the 911 call.

The officer was killed (Las Vegas) - no lights and sirens on. He turned in front of the on-coming truck. The Officer died at the scene and the other driver tried to save him. The guy was charged with DUI - hold on - after he cleared a breath test. The driver, admitted to two beers after work, but was not over the legal limit OR drunk.

Much of this case was about lights, etc. being on. Even another report was found faulty, saying that the lights were on, but truth found out different.

The truck driver was released from custody and charges.

Reply to
Oren

These days, if you did that and you're in the USA, you'd stand a GOOD chance of getting shot

Reply to
Rudy

"Rudy" wrote in news:HbMem.223364$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe09.iad:

Many...many years ago I was behind a guy making an illegal left turn at a traffic light in rush hour. The man behind me laid on the horn. The other guy made his turn. I then proceeded forward and drove the speed limit (city). Well, that man behind me kept blaring the horn. I stopped my car in middle of the road and got out and told him to shut the hell up. He stopped and then other people began honking. I gave them the finger and then drove away. No way, would I do that nowadays. Not safe. oh, the things we do in our youth.

Reply to
ktos

A dozen eggs kept handy under the seat would come in handy, but these days the driver might be a crack head ready to run you off the road, Steven King made a good movie about a truck harassing a driver in the mountains, I forgot the name of it.

Reply to
ransley

"Duel". Appeared first as a short story in Playboy some time in the 70s.

Reply to
Doug Miller