Hello, here's my situation:
In an upstairs bedroom, there was a baseboard heater plugged into one
outlet and, in another outlet, a hair dryer and hair iron. Poof, all
outlets went dead and the holes of the outlet where the heater was
plugged in was scorched and slightly melted.
I replaced the scorched outlet with a new one, but still no outlets in
the room have power. Checking each outlet with a circuit tester
indicates a dead circuit. This is a house I recently moved into and I
don't have experience troubleshooting this kind of problem. I bought a
basic home wiring book by Black and Decker and that got me through
replacing the outlet, but beyond that, my diagnostic skills are
What other things should I be looking into at this point?
Your help is appreciated,