Burning PTL

OK, so less than "virtually all" but certainly "a lot" ...

And the others are all softwoods as well...

Reply to
dpb

You would be "virtually safe" to say "virtually all PT lumber is softwood"

Reply to
clare

The old PTL contained arsenic, which is poisonous. Since they removed the arsenic, most PTL is only treated with copper now, so it's not all that harmful anymore. I dont know if they even say not to burn this newer stuff????

Reply to
repairs

Yes, they still say not to burn it. OMG, do you think breathing in fumes from the ACQ is OK for the lungs?

PT is supposed to be buried or trashed for disposal.

Ed Pawlowski

The old PTL contained arsenic, which is poisonous. Since they removed the arsenic, most PTL is only treated with copper now, so it's not all that harmful anymore. I dont know if they even say not to burn this newer stuff????

Reply to
Stormin Mormon