Briggs & Stratton moving some production to China

That last part is BS. ALL of the SS "surplus" was put in the only place it could be legally, special non-marketable bonds. Every penny that was put in those bonds is still there. There was NEVER any mechanism put in place to pay those bonds back. If there had been, I might agree that the government "spent it". But since there wasn't we are in exactly the same place with SS that we would be in any other circumstance. Actually worse since it effectively hid a very high percentage of the deficit over the years. Even during the Clinton "surplus", if you backed out the SS money (only in Washington can you take a long term liability-- the SS bonds-- and count them as a short term asset-- the SS surplus) we haven't had a single year of non-deficit spending since Nixon.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

You are absolutely right. I can give concrete examples. The fools will bring up things like, "would you want no speed limits, stop signs or red lights on your road" to justify the truly irrational rules that are chasing industry out of the USA.

Reply to
Frank

So, you're proud you want to compete with communism. Nice! I suppose you're sitting there wrapped in an American flag, while typing that.

Reply to
Monk

Good Lord, you're stupid. I never said otherwise. Yes, for the grace of a few rebels 130something years ago, it could be England! Gack!

Reply to
krw

The Obama administration is doing its best to run politically incorrect unworthy businesses out of business which is why those that can are going someplace else. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Forbidden link

Reply to
bearclanmedicine

So piss on 'em I'll boy a German made engine...they are better made anyway. The last B&S motors I bought was a piece of shit.

Reply to
Roy

Moving to China I'm selling my water pump cheep and looking for 1 made in America or Canada, quit China later b and s

Reply to
uberpavingstones