Best Rated threads in Home Repairshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Bringing power to a shed
1/2" x 50' Ultratite Liquidtight Flexible Non-Metallic PVC Conduit that wi ll be buried at a depth of 18". (I live in San Jose CA, and as far as I can find this is deeper than the required dept of...
25
25

Need help INTERPRETING these test results police cruiser SAE J866a Chase Test
The scientific question is how do we correctly interpret why EE pads seem to outperform FF pads in this police cruiser study done in 2000? In another thread today, the topic was discussed on how to...
65
65

is there a replacement for copper pipe in hot water heating loop?
We've got baseboard hot water heating fed by a boiler. There are a half dozen zones which have copper pipes going to and from Slantfin, umm, I guess call them radiators. One copper loop goes from the...
6
6

Fixing bouncy floor with sistered joists- do I need to jack?
Hopefully a straight forward question. I plan on fixing some bounciness on my main level by sistering all of the joists. I shouldn't have much problem getting to all of them and the spans are all...
7
7

Conductive Metal "Fuzz" For Toy Slot Cars ?
Hello, Grandson has one of these toy car slot racing tracks. The power to the cars (12 V batteries) comes from two rails that are built into the track. The car picks up these rails by means of a soft,...
3
3

Salvaged Laminate Flooring Project Questions
I was blessed with some pks of Unifloor Auto clic 7mm Laminate Flooring made from 90% Wood Fibers. It's made in Austria, says it's Certified E1, Quickstyle. It was going to be installed in a basement,...
3
3

Do you have the electronics skills to design a good home made smoke machine?
All we need to find vacuum leaks in a complex engine is a smoke machine that works. All it needs to do is... a. Emit lots of smoke that won't clog up an engine when it condenses, and, b. Constantly...
25
25

OT: Car heaters and ice scraping
0 miles per gallon. I guess not all Canadians are honest. 33 vehicles were stolen in 9 days in Edmonton. I usually start my pickup, turn the defroster on full blast, then start scraping windows. It...
23
23

TOTALINE Model #P474-1035 Programmable 5-2 Day Digital Thermostat
On my TOTALINE P474-1035 thermostat, I've set the desired temperature at 82 ° but the furnace stops when the room temperature reaches 76°. A "Heat/Cool Indicator" light is located between the...
36
36

Sound bar for better voice quality
One word: Bose QuietComfort headphones
19
19

switch with indicator light - no neutral
I want a light switch with an indicator light. All I can find needs a neutral. My switch only has hot wire. Any such switch that works with only hot wire? This is 220 V. Thanks.
10
10

Leaf Blower Starting Question
Hello, Have the typical home Leaf Blower, an Echo Model PB 2100. Trying to get it started easily. The Manual isn't too clear on this: To start, we Prime the bulb the 10 times it says, and have the...
17
17

Typical price and elements of gas furnace service
I'm not an HVAC tech, but no, the system is closed so it should still be pretty much new inside of everything...so I wouldn't suspect and haven't ever run into a build-up issue. What I suspect the...
20
20

water pressure reducing valve and water pressure regulator
http://www.watts.com/pages/learnAbout/reducingValves.asp
32
32

How many decibels does this router radio REALLY output?
How many decibels does the router/radio below really output? ('cuz 26 + 18 is too high) In the before-and-after krack-update screenshot below, I'm confused because the radio says transmit power is...
6
6

Attic conversion
We are looking at converting attic space into a bedroom there is currently 2x6(true 2x6)old growth joists 16 oc and 15ft span the home had 10ft ceiling now has dropped ceiling at 8ft I was wondering...
8
8

Sharp Carousel Door Is Difficult to Close - Light Stays On Inside - Not Usuable
My Sharp Carousel Door is difficult to close. The spring appears to be fine - Both door hooks are "springy". The top hook doesn't seem to line up with the top hole perfectly anymore and the light...
2
2

Replace fire bricks in a Russo CW2 stove
I need to replace the bricks in my Russo CW2 stove. Does anyone know how to get the side bricks to come out? Advised that the side bricks are first to come out and last to go in but can not get them...
1
1

WD-40 More than a water displacement
And for the Ladies, a little car wax behind the ears will get her man every time! :-)
4
4

Rifle found 140 years later
Found 140 years later There it was, abandoned for the ages, propped up against a juniper tree in far-eastern Nevada's Snake Mountains, a Winchester Model 1873 repeating rifle: the gun, as legend goes,...
4
4