Best Rated threads in Home Repairshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Stand aside NASA, the UKs coming after you ;-)
Is this just your way of telling the European Space Agency that Brexit has arrived? ;-)
1
1

On the WVE Vehicle Electronics trunk lock 6T1076 (Made in Mexico)
On the WVE Vehicle Electronics trunk lock 6T1076 (Made in Mexico) the lock cylinder may have been set about twenty degrees counter clockwise too far from the mounting bolt to operate the switch link....

Kenmore 625.348591 Water Softener for sale - Never Used or Installed
Hello, I have a never used Kenmore 625.348591 Water Softener for sale. I bought it in 2002, but never installed it. Still in the box. I live on Orlando, so I'd prefer a local pickup, but would ship...
2
2

On topic fluorescent light
Fluorescent lampholder
5
5

Common property door lock keeps getting changed by one of the unit owners
Get a strata manager here to repeat all your circle-talking nonsense and it might be believable. No, there isn't a debtor's prison. The method is to place a lien on the property and the owner can't...
168
168

Craftsman 42793
Try the local Ace Hardware.
2
2

OT: Sears, put a fork in us, we're done
when you are at work and suggest something change and the reply is "but we've always done it this way" you have met the problem face to face m
14
14

Sectv
Sectv for me 18706 in PA. Up 2 bucks no notice. I hate sectv more than my big losses

Black and Decker Toaster Oven TOD330SS Fan
Fingers too big for keyboard..... Brand NEW, fan rattles, very noisy. Will OPEN and try to fix before returning. Anyone had THIS trouble and have easy fix? Im waiting to hear from mfr and dont expect...
2
2

Coleman fuel
... W/ an engine that's never run leaded, probably ok, years ago in days before unleaded neighbor borrowed my lawnmower and dumped a bunch of Coleman fuel in it...it dissolved all the lead accumulated...
26
26

Red jackets in my gas grill
Had not heard of this wasp and see it can sting and nests may have a lot of wasps. I would probably spray with permethrin insecticide which is fairly safe around people or animals and would think...
8
8

What is the price of the entire world?
What is the price of the entire world? I would like to buy the entire world, and I have a large bank account. But I'm not sure who to talk to about the price or who to pay. As owner of the world, I...

Can you return a tire you don't like for full refund?
Thanks for finding that on the Costco tires and batteries. It only makes sense, since they are wearable items, where I would think they can't sell either one used like Fryes does. I think electronics...
8
8

OT: my best fish picture of 2017
Yeah! That's called aquaponics. We pumped the fish water to the plants in our greenhouse and the overflow went through some filters and back into the fish tanks.
3
3

Smoke detector woes
Had one of those 10 year smoke detectors start going off regularly for no reason after five years of service. Called the manufacturer, waited on hold a good 20-25 minutes for a customer no-service...
4
4

3 months in a cave versus drowning, or close to it.
If you couldnt' swim and you'd never snorkeled or scubadived, would you rather spend 3 months in a cave or try to swim 2.5 KM to get out. I went snorkeling this spring and water got in the snorkel. I...
96
96

Mounting a "Window" Air Conditioner in a wall
Air conditioners need four basic things. A compressor, condenser coil, evaporator coil, fan to move the air. In a typical window unit all of those things are packed in one box. Hot air blows out the...
5
5

OT: Aye, caramba! 350KW charging for new Porsche?
This is for the soon to be released Porsche electric vehicle: "Porsche is talking about a 800-volt system that should allow a charge rate of up to 350 kW, which could charge the car up to 80% in only...
2
2

Brain-eating amoeba found in Louisiana drinking water again
Nothing for you to worry about, B.
2
2

Cut Tub Surround for Shower Valve Repair?
Alas, my bathtub backs up against my shower. When I first moved in when someone took a shower in the bathtub, it dripped down into the dining room. Several of my neighbors with houses built by the...
12
12