Best Rated threads in Home Repairshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

American toilet design?
Um, I don’t think so. Of course you can use it for that but I believe the prime reason was the German love of pork products. In days of old tape worm infestation in pork very common so a pan with a...
269
269

walk-in tubs?
I may need a plumber for my bathtub and I was thinking of planning ahead for once, and getting a walk-in tub. A) Will I need to get a bigger water-heater? My current one certainly isn't small. I...
15
15

New housing
Looks like we may have opportunity to help our fellow man. Just got out of jail? You get a new house. Managed to sneak across the border? You get a new house. Earn a good living and pay taxes? Sorry,...
10
10

Generac Model 0065512 Standby Generator
I have a Generac Model 0065512 Standby Generator and cannot find the owner manual. Nor can I find a free web source for same. Anyone know of one? I don't know if mine is working right or not. I caled...
20
20

Mouse Urine
All these cat urine threads. My latest problem is due to mice that got into my spare vehicle and made a terrible stink. How do I find every possible entry point into a car? I have now added aluminum...
3
3

How long does shingle roof last?
Shingles not curled or losing grit, they are OK. How do you know where leak is? It could be in some poorly sealed area and flowing down to someplace else. Best if you can observe it if you can see...
15
15

fast, cheap way to retain heat in one room?
If you were doing zonal, portable heating of one room in the house, and you wanted to better retain the heat produced from a small, portable electric heater, what could you do to the room?
4
4

Brown and black stuff all over floors and bites me
Unknown specs on my floors, furniture, bedspread, livingroom furniture, bathroom floor. It bites and hurts. I don’t know what it is? Please help if u can?...
1
1

Closet design help
We have a customer that wants a 10ft wide closet that is a double bar. The bottom is the rod in question, not sure how to give the extra support and leave the blind storage useable.
5
5

battery nail gun at decent price?
Asking too much? Most of the ones I'm coming across online are $100+. Anything decent in sub $50 range?

Where do you source 35 Amp 220VAC circuit breakers that are NOT in typical box stores?
Where do you source circuit breakers that are NOT in typical box stores? o Carling AA3-B0-24-635-5D1-C (do you have a decoder for that number?) PG&E has currently cut the power to us in California...
40
40

Genie Garage Door Opener model 3055 after power outage
Lightning knocked out the transformer providing electricity to our house. Since then, we have no power to the garage door opener. The receptacle has electricity, but nothing on the opener works—not...
4
4

Heat pump SEER rating
Why can't I find a heat pump with a good SEER rating? The USA has a law stating 13 minimum. Yet here in the UK, I looked at Panasonic and they're all 7 to 11!
167
167

Is the gas from toilet tablets toxic?
I’m retired (72) & primarily use a very small guest bathroom with a quickly nasty looking toilet bowl. I recently used spa brominating tables instead of chlorine tablets (in a Kaboom system that...
2
2

Harbor Freight Recall
That has to be a first. Most of those cheap Chinese lock backs will fail. open knife, strike the back of the blade on a hard surface, and when it closes put it back where you found it.
1
1

opening corroded aluminum crank/jalousie windows
Thanks! I'll give that a go in the morning.
2
2

electricity bill doubled
In on Fri, 27 Sep 2019 01:25:54 +0000 (UTC), danny bursteYes. Also, hot water dripping or running somewhere.
4
4

Flourescent bulb whines
I have a Sylvania 75w CFL fluorescent bulb that makes a high-pitched whine when it is on. I could understand a 60hz or even 120hz hum, but what could possibly make a high-pitched whine? Otherwise it...
8
8

Move deck
Are you a total idiot?