Best Rated threads in Home Repairshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

whirlpool WRX735SDBM02
Our Whirlpool refrigerator turned off after a few seconds It is two and a half years old. All lights work but it does not run. Called local repair appliance and he literally didn't do anything but...
5
5

2008 Lexus Rx 350 rack and pinion steering boot
I posted a picture of it in the first post. Image unnamed hosted in ImgBB Image unnamed hosted in ImgBB Image unnamed hosted in ImgBB
8
8

Does opening the window fill the house with humidity?
If it's hot out during the day, and by 8 or 9 it cools off, and I open the window, is it true that the humidity from the outside will fill my house and then next morning, maybe 9 or 10 when the AC is...
13
13

reinstalling shoe molding
In preparation for floor refinishing I removed the shoe molding in my 100 yr old home. Getting ready to reinstall it now (mostly came out intact). But, it was originally installed with 8d finishing...
4
4

"Drywall"
Reminds me of the time I once got paid a few cents a word to translate English-English into American-English.
232
232

finding elastic
I saw a video where a guy put duct tape across the top to stick around nose and eyes. These masks are a PITA with fogging up for those that wear glasses.
28
28

Sharing a well
On Fri, 10 Apr 2020 17:52:13 -0400, Ralph Mowery snipped-for-privacy@earthlThat must be a law in Maryland since 1971. My house there was done pretty informally by a broker who worked for the builder....
61
61

What are the best materials for making a DIY ~0.3 micron mask at home to filter in the coronavirus?
On Wed, 08 Apr 2020 01:15:23 -0400, micky wrote: Doesn't work that way Mick
22
22

A finishing start
  Yes , that does make sense , today I painted the first room of the house . It's my wife's craft/sewing room , and the first room to get the drywall finished . Actually looks better than I expected...
2
2

Storm Door making loud buzzing sounds
+1 Almost certainly is w-stripping acting as a reed...
5
5

G 1/2"/BSPP 1/2" to NPT 1/2"
I was thinking of installing this handheld bidet <> in the side of a vanity. The specs say that the inlets are G 1/2", the Asian/European version of FIP, aka BSPP (non-tapered) I have two supply lines...
3
3

An interesting spin on inheritance
In article says... I went through that about 10 years ago. OUtside of some guns and tools most of the stuff in my parents house was not worth much on the selling market. Plenty of good stuff that no...
31
31

The Genie screw drive garage door opener four piece rail assembly
Bob explained on 3/4/2020 : They could borrow a truck. Many of us have trucks because, well, have you ever tried to mount a rifle rack in a car?
4
4

OT: This is something new.... NYC highrise under contruction must remove floors
It was. Once issued, then even if wrong, it should be allowed once That was one of the developer's arguments too, but they lost. They will appeal. What we don't know is how much of this was due to the...
29
29

Tile over peel and stick
Have a small bathroom 1951 house. Original diagonal subfloor in great shape, with 1/2 inch plywood over that and almost new peel and stick vinyl tile on that in excellent shape. Wanting to put ceramic...
13
13

Double glazing beading on the outside?!?
Why do some glaziers fit the beading on the outside of windows? Surely, common sense tells us to put the part you can easily remove on the inside, for security.
25
25

Lowes blows
I buy appliances from appliance dealers and lumber from lumber-yards, and hardware from hardware stores. I also buy groceries from grocery stores. Sadly the lumber yards and hardware stores are...
34
34

Moisture
On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 15:44:01 +0000, TD90
14
14

OT: Another I can't believe this with a Boeing 737
to land on some runways causes the Boeing 737's control screens to go black That sure doesn't make one feel confident in Boeing planes either. The Boeing 737 Next Generation has a gnarly bug: on...
8
8

House has hard water, pls recommend a water softening system
This is sound advice. Adding to it, I'd avoid the franchise guys like Culligan and look for a local guy to get you what you really need. Ask neighbors Where in the northeast are you? In central MA Hi...
8
8