Bedspring without any springs. Name?

What's the correct name for something which looks like a bedspring, but there's no springs in it?

The top surface is just a couple of layers of corrugated cardboard over crosswise wood slats spaced about 18" apart. The whole thing is covered with fabric just like a bedspring.

Never encountered one of these before, but just had to replace a busted slat in one for a friend. Almost couldn't believe how crummy the wood used in it was. I've seen a lot better wood on pallets.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Sounds like a "bunky board," see:

yeah, pallets use better wood.

Reply to
Grandpa Koca

If you put a mattress on top of this then, what you have is a foundation.

Reply to
Clark Griswold

Thanks, that makes sense.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Platform bed.

Reply to
Charlie Bress

You should replace the slats with wood from a pallet! That stuff's almost indestructable (sweet-gum?) and is the same wood used for shoring trenches. You can't saw it, you can't drive a nail in it, it's too tough for termites. Heck, I don't think you can even BURN it.

Reply to
JerryMouse

"JerryMouse" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com:

Sow bugs got in my pallets.

Reply to
RobertPatrick

"Charlie Bress" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I don't think so. I had a bunk bed when I was a kid, the way he described it.

Reply to
Pasar