bathtub draining

Had a plumber out for a slow tub drain at another home....he ID'd three colors of hair found in the drain (with no prior knowledge of who lived in the home). I was impressed ;o)

Reply to
Norminn

Every older drum trap I ever worked on had a brass cover. More than once I had to chisel the cap apart, and buy a new cap. Some places later sold plastic caps, which were less likely to get stuck. And for PVC pipes, they later made PVC drum traps. (which did not get stuck). I'm retired so I dont do much plumbing work anymore except my own stuff, but I have not seen drum traps used on new construction for years. I dont think they worked as well as intended.

If you do open a drum trap, put lots of grease on the threads of the cap when you put the old (or a new) cap back on. (vaseline works too).

Reply to
Jerry.Tan

update.

had the plumber come visit the 2nd floor bathroom.

my mother told me that he just used this vacuum gun in the drain hole and out came the hair & soap scum.

I think this is the equipment he used based on her description.

She thought they used one of those power snake equipment, plumber said not for this type of job anymore, much easier to use the gun.

I can see why after seeing the video.

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

house was built in 1996. never had bathtub worked on until recently.

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

did think about using drano, but decided against it for that reason... bathtub is on 2nd floor.

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

I have that tool! :D

Reply to