basement water problem

hi group, is there any way to get an honest opinion about what would be the best method to repair a leaking basement? the only people i can get to look at it are trying to sell me their system...so of course they tell me that theirs is the best way to fix the problem. i want it fixed correctly the first time. is there any way to be sure what will work?

Reply to
jeff knoch

How high is your water table, how old is the house, what is its construction, how is your grading , gutters where does it leak , when , do you have a sump and tile system,are there Cracks in floor, foundation etc etc. It can be simple as gutters and grading or Tile and foundation repair. Do you use a dehumidifier

Reply to
m Ransley

Go to

and search this group on the group page for basement waterproofing. The only way is drainage outside. Start with simple stuff like gutters and sloping lot away from house. After that follow instuctions you find for installing perimeter drainage using gravel, perforated pipe both wrapped in special cloth so mud doesn't ruin system.

Reply to
Art

no idea

15 years

concrete slab and walls on concrete footer, brick exterior

recently regraded property to slope away from house...was a problem before but not now. water still comes in basement

yes, into drain pipe which runs it away from foundation

along outside walls of basement and up through cracks in floor

after heavy rains

yes, supposedly inside and outside of footer

floor yes, walls no

jk

Reply to
jeff knoch

This is where I'd start, as to why this isn't getting the job done. The grading should get the majority of the water away from the house, and the sump picks up the rest.

Either it isn't working, or is overloaded.

What you need to do is dig down in the worst area, and find out what is going on.

Reply to
John Hines