Antifreeze? Where did it go?

Head gasket on a 3.8 Vulcan will put the antifreeze into the oil too. No way an internal leak in one of those won't do damage..

Reply to
clare

I had a car many years ago that leaked coolant into the cylinder, noticed a loss of coolant, eventually I found out that I was laying a smoke screen behind my car. A huge cloud of vapor was pouring out the exhaust. Was told that if enough water leaked into the cylinder when the engine was stopped, it could have caused a lot of damage when attempts to restart the engine as it tried to compress liquid coolant.

Reply to
EXT

I'm just hoping my van holds together until I can afford another ride.

Reply to
Muggles

The oil leak is just enough to be irritating, but not enough to have to add oil in it too often. I just added oil this time because it was just a tad below full and I was already adding windshield washer fluid and antifreeze.

Reply to
Muggles

'98 Ford Windstar 3.8L 6Cyl

Reply to
Muggles

Sorry, I meant to say the windshield had fogged up because it was cold. The heater was only blowing cold air so it wasn't working to defog the windshield until after I added the antifreeze, THEN it took care of the fogging.

Reply to
Muggles

Check with Diana Ross and the Supremes.

Where did our ethylene glycol go, dum dum de dum.

Reply to
Micky

LOL

Reply to
Muggles

I guess the Taurus will have to sit in the drive then. lol

Reply to
Eagle

STOP! In the name of etholine glycol, before you blow me up...

Eagle

Hey, if you want to just give it away .... LOL

Reply to
Muggles

:D

Reply to