Aluminum siding

During a wind storm last week, the house across the street lost some of it's siding. Because it's rental property I assumed the owner was just going top neglect it, but I was wrong. Within a few days, the owner hired a crew and got it all fixed up real nicely. I got a photo of the crew in action. Does anyone notice a slight problem?

philo

Could be a funny or could be real. I had this problem with siding repair where blue color had faded and the replacement from original box had deeper color. Took a few years of sun and weather to bring colors together.

Reply to
Frank

File not opening. Though, I have a feeling it's a photo displaying a different color or mismatched from the original color.

I was driving through an upscale neighborhood the other day and noticed a home with siding that had a small patch of a different color. It made me wonder if either the owner used a shoddy contractor or matching siding color is a problem for contractors.

Reply to
Meanie

Good chance the original color is not available. Maybe he is going to paint the entire wall?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The entire outside of the house should be repainted.

Reply to
redzap78

To anyone who could not access the file, the original siding is yellow and the missing sections were replaced with white.

To the person who says the entire front of the house should be repaired, I can tell you the front of the house was repaired, it was a lot worse before!

Since it's a rental property I'm sure the owner is doing this at the minimum expense possible. This might be all they are doing or maybe they will paint the front?

I'm not complaining though, until now my house has been the biggest eyesore on the block!

Reply to
philo

If new siding were yellow, I think my comment would have held. My original dark blue siding is now light blue siding. I think it looks better.

Reply to
Frank

You mean beyond the fact they are going to need to paint it to make it match?

Reply to
clare

At about 30 years my white siding was getting a bit grey-ish, as the bare aluminum started peaking though is some areas, and others were discoloured (up by the eaves). I had a local painter apply a coat of fresh MooreGlo white and it looks like new. (now over 40 years - the paint is somewhere around 10-12 yeares old)

Reply to
clare

My siding is over 40 years old and looks fine. Builder had cinched on the nails and a couple of pieces blew off (along with his winged roof shingles) after less than a year but the replacement siding pieces were darker. You cannot tell today. I did make mistake hitting a couple spots with pressure washer causing bluer streaks so fading is probably oxide coating. With my initial problem our county inspectors made the builder take off all the siding and re-nail it properly. They passed him on the roof but it pooped out at maybe 15 years. New roof outlasted its warranty of 25 years and still looks good.

I don't know if vinyl holds up as well as aluminum. I know if something dings the aluminum you may get a dent but vinyl can easily break.

Reply to
Frank

On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 08:20:09 -0400, Meanie wrote in

Houses in an upscale neighborhood use Alum siding? What do they use in downscale neighborhoods?

Reply to
VinnyB

Because it's rental property I wonder if it will get painted.

I think it may have a new owner now, but in the past, the house had been neglected for years.

Reply to
philo

Homasote, TenTest, and tar paper., or barn tin, or flatterned beer cans used as shingles, or old licence plates.

Reply to
clare

If you want to see downscale, here is a photo of my house's back yard...

now you know why the house with the mis-matched siding is not getting a complaint

Reply to
philo

Nothing downscale about aluminum siding. President Trump's fleet of Boeing aircraft have aluminum siding.

Reply to
taxpayer

Tyvek. It's replaced tar paper.

Reply to
rbowman

Oren wrote in news:20qqccta0s2sdjv2e013cg88e9idu9g6m9@

4ax.com:

Yo Oboi! Still living in that trailer?

Reply to
Jack Meoff

I never said it was aluminum. I said siding and it was a different color in a small area in front.

BTW, many of those homes used siding and brick.

Reply to
Meanie