Subject Author Posted Replies

A/C drain line
In your case I would try blowing it first. With an air compressor you can develop a lot of pressure. The suction will only be about 15 psi at the most. Also not knowing where the end of the line is it...
6
6

Gutter Crypt
We don't have anything covering our gutters -- and have to clean them frequently because our neighbor's giant oak trees shed leaves most of the time. We cleaned them out a few weeks ago and yesterday...
2
2

Type B (B-vent) chimneys and HVAC contractors
I have an ongoing chimney issue. My existing 10-foot above-the-roof-line masonry chimney has to come down because it is in bad shape. I would like to take it down to near the roof line (to maybe 1 or...
4
4

How to find water leak?
I have a water leak from an outside pipe. I shut off water going into the h= ouse, leaving only the outside plumbing on, and the water meter indicator s= pins, indicating water being used somewhere....
18
18

Water proofing
My basement has started leaking water when it rains hard. My sister has moved into the basement and I would like to have someone out to see about stopping the leak. Is there any way to tell what is...
8
8

Soot on ceiling areas around heat outlet registers
The standard explanation is dirt (or soot from candles) in the rooms accumulates around the registers due to airflow as show in the diagram here about 1/3 of the way down, where it says "Dirt on the...
12
12

Attn: Plumbers ~ Sewer vents ~ urine smell in bathroom part 2
I went to bed last night thinking all is well. I woke up and the demon smell is back. I pulled toilet.....perfect seal just as I suspected. Next step: Get a garden hose bladder and pressure flush the...
20
20

Oil to Gas Heat Conversion
I was told that I couldn't convert my heating system to gas because "my chimney won't tolerate the exaust heat" I would appreciate any opinion on this. Thanks in advance. Bruce
20
20

If I know you, Emmy...sweetie

HOA: No backyard swing for you!
"[MINEOLA, Texas ] A homeowner?s association is suing a returning Army veteran for having a swing set for his kids in his backyard."
11
11

OT Big Brother is watching us on Facebook
I mentioned one of my crowns fell out on Facebook yesterday and today I'm getting "affordable dentist" ads on Facebook. I find that a little creepy.
24
24

More bypass sliding door Q's?
Some day this house reno will be complete!!! I've run into a problem with mounting some 36" x 1 1/4" sliding closet doors. Using the original track the front door will not clear the back door (adj...
3
3

Sewer vent question
My main bathroom started smelling like urine a couple of days ago so I went on the roof and flushed out the sewer vent (w/o a bladder) with the garden hose but it still smells. I've tried disinfecting...
15
15

Stone patio in sloping backyard
Looking from the inside of our house to the backyard, it slopes from left to right and slightly back towards the street. We want to build a leveled stone patio, only slightly sloped for drainage....
3
3

ZXE Trading Post
I just want to say thanks to ZXE Trading Post; I was very pleased with how = efficient my exchange was handled and that I enjoy dealing with a company t= hat values my opinion and is so easy to work...