Subject Author Posted Replies

How much electricity does my refrigerator use?
Refrigerators are a big chunk of home energy use In most homes the refrigerator is the second-largest user of electricity (13.7%), right after the air conditioner (16%). (Dept. of Energy) With most...
10
10

OT?: Hail damage and State Farm settlement
Little brick bungalow in large midwest US city, detached garage. Scraped and shingled about 05-1996. Big hail storm. I spring a little leak in each structure. Have State Farm adjuster out, he walks...
14
14

Locksmith magazines, what to do?
I'm trying to clean house. Have bout a two foot thick stack of locksmith magazines, from 1975 forward. How does one put these in good hands, only to a practicing locksmith? Christopher A. Young Learn...
3
3

hvac
My goodman furnace/ air has been having unusual delays, on days where I switch between heat and air. The thermostat seems ok, at least I can hear the relay switch, sometime waiting a couple minutes. I...
5
5

OT: Company Creates Real Lightsaber!!!!
May the force be with you: Company now selling real lightsabers Tweet In a very smart marketing move, a tech company has announced a realish, working lightsaber, perfect timing, considering this is...
2
2

Windows -- why vinyl?
John Albert wrote in news:4faa7bc0$0$2733$ vinyl does not conduct heat as well as aluminum,so vinyl window frames will have a higher R rating. maybe lighter,too,so easier to raise and lower.
31
31

secondary a/c drain pan in attic
I did an inspection after it was supposedly serviced by ARS (5 yr old house in around Houston, Texas). I found there was a "tiny" amount of water in the secondary drain pan. It was not deep enough to...

HOA loses one
"Wilbur, a Vietnamese pot-bellied pig that a Spring homeowner's association wanted to kick out of a family's home, doesn't have to move, a Harris County district court judge ruled Monday." "I think we...

Repair Dry Well in Stair Well
if theres a lower area in yard, say near street, than the level of the basement entrance, you could dig a ditch and install a drain line to daylight. allow 1/4 inch drop per foot of line. the rule of...
4
4

Snake ID
I ran into a snake yesterday, and would like to know if someone could help me id it. I live in SW Utah, at 3700 elevation, desert/juniper community. The snake was about 5' long. Its colors were light...
1
1

This is my kind of Men's Restroom !!!! :)
http://www.impactlab.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/toilet5.jpg

Load miser
go back to a regular electric tank....... tankless electric are almost never effective. besides a malfunction of your building heat OR water heat could someday leave your home frozen
6
6

Chain saw brand
I'm searching for a used chainsaw and want to know what are good brands to look for. Thank you
76
76

OT: Another high-quality product from China...
"[SEOUL, South Korea] South Korea has seized thousands of smuggled drug capsules filled with powdered flesh from dead babies, which some people believe can cure disease, officials said Monday." me of...
1
1