Subject Author Posted Replies

what is a semi loaded brake caliper rebuild
I never did brakes but my dual piston front brake caliper boots are torn. Calling parts suppliers tells me I have two economical choices. One is a $50 "semi loaded" rebuilt caliper (with $50 core...
21
21

OT A&W failure!
A&W failure: always a conceivable way around a problem. A third-pound hamburger is better than a quarter-pound hamburger, right? Get more bang for your buck!
7
7

How does this shower stall work?
How does this work: It's a shower stall with a seat and grab bars. Do these things come preattached, or do they install the stall and then look for studs to mount the seat and grab bars too. I can't...
10
10

Re: I have an antique thick walled cooking pot I make my English Toffee in
No Michael, he wants us to be impressed that he has the money toss away a perfectly good power tool. That Dremel will clean anything in this Universe. The only 'problem' is that it requires a bit of...

220 -> 12 volt transformer used on 110 V
I have a few used isolating transformers that converts 220 volt to 12 volt. They are quite heavy, about 25 oz a piece. I guess there is a lot of copper inside. It's similar to this item: Can't believe...
6
6

Splicing wires in rear hatchback door wiring harness snorkel loom
Debugged about half of sixteen wires in the tightly wrapped rear hatchback door wiring harness snorkel loom as broken at the exact same point for each. Harness is too much work and expense to replace...
11
11

OT. California Truck Pollution Rules
California will want truckers just passing through to meet California emission rules. The rule will apply to vehicles seven tons and up. <> SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Forget speeding tickets —...
15
15

OT correlation?
OT Discussion on the radio about how to store gun so your kid doesn't take it to school and kill people. I wonder if anyone has correlated those who leave their gun where their kid can find it with...
12
12

OT. Omicron??
The head honcho at Pfizer claims we might need a 4th shot because of the Omicron version of Covid. I haven't seen any reports of any deaths or serious illness because of it. So, why the vaccines? Old...
30
30

[SOLVED] GE Profile Dishwasher error code HrF and beeping (2023 Update)
Just installed new GE Profile Dishwasher. Went to test and run it empty. This is what happens. 1. select quick wash 2. close door 3. select start 4. water begins to flow into tub 5. Can here relay...
5
5

Weird laptop "leak"
I noticed a sticky reddish stain that seemed to be coming from under an old (2005)laptop we just use for email and surfing. Most of it was actually under the laptop or on the wood piece that elevates...
1
1

Replacing belt on washing machine
As I mentioned a couple weeks ago, my Whirlpool belt-driven washing machine stalls sometimes. After not finding anything big wrong with it, I found a 2x2" wheel on a handle and pushed it against the...
11
11

spray paint foam?
No, I don't mean spray pointing foam, I'm trying to find foam that sprays thin like spray paint. I need to apply such foam in thin coatings over a large area. The gap filler and similar type spray...
20
20

Water from clothes washer to ceiling leak
Hello, 3 days ago I washed a large load of laundry upstairs in my home. After that I went downstairs and noticed that water was coming/dripping through the ceiling and lights in the ceiling. There is...
9
9

Toilet
Many years ago I used a plunger to plunge the hell out of a clog and did so but ended up breaking the seal so I am reluctant to do over-do it. Just recently I used a snake but that got my wife upset...
13
13