Subject Author Posted Replies

Sump pump crock & water level?
I'm lost. We purchased a ranch with a basement and apparently we are in a low area so our sump pump runs a lot. We have your basic sunken sump crock and we have 2 submersible pumps in it. The primary...
4
4

California earthquake insurance?
I live in California. I've had earthquake insurance on my house since the day I bought it in 1989. My policy renews every year in June. This year, I received notice that earthquake coverage would no...
85
85

Whoops...Broke Line Into Fridge. Now What?
Hello, I was moving the fridge and accidentally broke the connection from the fridge to the water. I have an older home so it appears the piping that brings the water to the fridge is copper. In the...
7
7

Source for pepper spray or...?
Is there any source for pepper spray powder? I have a new used dog that likes to dig like he is looking for chinamen. I wouldn't mind but he seems to always pick a spot going under the perimeter...
9
9

Cleaning Coleman Stove
I have a 2-burner Coleman Stove that uses liquid fuel. How can I thoroughly clean the stove? What cleaner or solvent will get rid of all of the food, grease, dirt, gunk, etc has accumulated all over...
8
8

Better ideas for fixing leak right at the pool pump inlet (no room!)
After emptying, cleaning, refilling, and replumbing a cracked Jandy valve, I finally started up the filter & cleaner pumps. Guess what? BOTH are leaking at a LOUSY spot! The water comes out of the...
48
48

Puck lighting
If you have them, do you like them? Do you have any recommendations, such as LED, dimmer switch, brand? Thanks
5
5

Brown versus White Roof?
I'm getting a new roof on my house. I'm considering changing to brown shingles (Owens Corning Desert Tan) from white shingles. If anyone here has any experience about increased air conditioning costs...
33
33

Seeking round toilet bowl for Flushometer
I have a small closet where I want to install a toilet and small sink. Finding a small sink is easy. Finding a US toilet that doesn't stick out very far is hard. Most waste space with the tank behind....
17
17

OT, Bank Robbery
The perfect getaway vehicle. ^_^ http://images.stupidvideos.com/images/2/00/37/75/23/377523_m730_____1.jpg

wheel in garage for winding up hose on, broke off. Replacement?
It was designed spin around a water faucet that was sticking out perpendicular to the wall -- you'd screw the female end of the hose onto a rotating extension of the water faucet, which was the...
13
13

HD ceramic flower-pot: no hole in bottom. Want to use outside. HELP!
Of course, when it rains a bunch, as it has been recently (NYC area), next day plant in pot is submerged under an inch of water. My bet is that those holeless things are built for *indoor* use, where...
10
10

(again?) screw into light socket: male--SWIVEL--female (for pointable floodlight)
I asked something similar a year or two ago; am trying again in case new products exist for this. For either a floodlight-in-ceiling-"can" OR pointing-down lightbulb socket in exhaust fan and light...
3
3

steel poles
Going to put up an antenna. I'm going to look see what the home depot has to offer, but nobody puts up antennas anymore. I used to get telescoping poles. Any source ideas locally? Greg
7
7

Is there a better way (than this) to clean this pleated pool filter?
There must be a better way to wash a pool cartridge filter! Here's a picture of the cartridge taken apart. presume the water flow is up the two holes into the INSIDE of the two pleated filter...
35
35