Subject Author Posted Replies

Removing Old Latex Paint from Concrete Floor
I have used paint stripper on floor paint:( NOTE ITS VERY SLIPPERY. you might try a pressure washer sounds like your paint isnt very well adhered...
9
9

Two barrels, linked at bottom by a hose, with different water heights?
It's too long since I took physics but I thought that the height would be equal. One is an actual rainbarrel, with faucet already installed: paid a lot less than that but still more than a barrel...
36
36

Special O-ring for gas grill regulator?
I have a gas grill that goes through an O-ring about once a year. If you look closely at this picture you can see an O-ring where the connector screws into the regulator. once a year this O-ring get...
4
4

25cc Flashlight
Video

Cover for fry-pan
I need to make a cover for a fry-pan, with a glass window. I have a "universal" cover, but it doesn't work well. In fact I've been using a double layer of tin foil that works just as well. I recently...
28
28

OT: Record Number Of US Households On Foodstamps
Foodstamps. What a quaint idea - for a third-world country... ========================= month, when the USDA released the latest foodstamps numbers for the month of February, there was some hope that...
23
23

Dehumidifier "Actual" Reads Incorrectly
I have a 4-yr old LG dehumidifier 65 pts. This year when I went to use it I noticed the "actual" reading was much too high. I know this because I have another humidimeter on the wall and I know the...
16
16

OT: Venus Transiting Sun
Venus is transiting the Sun tomorrow, 6/5, at around 6:00 p.m. EDT. The next such transit is expected on December 11, 2117. Details and viewing instructions at:
17
17

Top vs Front load water extraction and dry times
Anyone have some real data on actual differences in drying times between these types of washers?
37
37

Porch Floor Question
90+ year old house. Will be replacing the front porch floor. It does have a roof over it. Floor is 20+ years old. Floor is now tongue and groove. I plan to replace it with 5/4 x 6 premium grade...
6
6

Pool light repair...T-3 ceramic socket
What a crappy lamp to use in a pool fixture!! One side is spring loaded. It's possible that the spring is no good, from the high heat of the lamp. You can get generic replacements at an electrical...
5
5

velux sun tunnels
Follow the manufacturer's instructions
1
1

The Ikea (or maybe Lego) House
"...House Arc, a 150-square-foot structure of hollow steel tubes. Not only can the 3,000-pound modular home withstand high winds, it can also be boxed into a 120 cubic-foot (i.e., 5x6x4) freight...
8
8

Unfinished Oak Floors
New here and getting started on a recently purchased 1961 house. I've pulled up all of the old carpet and pad throughout the house, about 1900 sq ft, to reveal the original hardwood floors. The floors...
7
7

OT: Define "putter"
When I say I'm going to 'putter' at home, it usually means that I have no real plan, but will begin by picking up the shop, or cleaning off the workbench, or do a little lawn work, and get led to...
24
24