Subject Author Posted Replies

Still trying: Where can I get 1/4" solid rubber tubing (no holes)?
Here is a picture of the closest I can find in the hardware stores: I need is rubber 1/4" tubing with no holes (a long cylinder). Any ideas where to get a solid 1/4" round rubber tubular gasket about...
8
8

Paint removal
I washed my car and noted some tiny spots of white paint on the windshield and hood. They have been repainting the street markers recently, and I suspect this is overspray. Years ago I would have...
10
10

Best way to clean up a badly peeling deck before painting
Floor sander or pressure washer? Or will both work well? Thanks.
2
2

Bear deterrent
A young bear took some chunks out of my new lawn mower seat. What is good to spray on plastic to deter the critter? Its either that or shoot the beast.
14
14

Is it legal to lock a main breaker box?
I have a friend who runs a business. Their main breaker is on the outside of the building right along a busy back alley. Inside the building directly behind that main breaker is the panel with all the...
69
69

Average Cost For New Garage Roof??
Falcongirl- I wonder if the rotten wood might make it a dangerous job? From your description, the roof might not support the weight of a roofer. It may be necessary to have a general contractor manage...
43
43

Follow-up on cover for fry-pan.
Chastened by the most of my replies, I went out to buy a used lid for my 7.5 inch frypan. A tour of 2 Goodwills and 2 Salvation Armys found me one at the 3rd stop. It fit pretty well, wobbled a bit,...
5
5

Feedback to all concerning buying recommended Speed Queen washer/dryer AWESOME!
After doing a search to find the thread where I asked for recommendation and finding NOTHING!!!! Thought I'd still give some feedback to the group [maybe whoever recommended them will see it] I bought...
1
1

Die-cast toy truck
How should I attach headlights to the DIE-CAST cab of a 1952 Smith Miller toy truck?
10
10

remote control fireplace starter
I've got a house with a skytech remote control that supposed to turn on and off the fireplace. My question is where on the net can I buy another remote similar to what I have. I want to have a 2nd...
3
3

I see this drill motor at Home Depot:-
Ryobi 18-Volt One+ Lithium Ion Drill P897 The customer reviews did not seem as good as I had hoped and I thought I'd ask if you have an opinion of it. TIA. Lewis *****
4
4

Any String Trimmers w/o Centrifugal Clutches?
I liked my old Homelite because I could run it at lower speed without the ear-shattering noise, and it would cut just fine with .95 line in most cases. (It was a single line trimmer.) Or can I defeat...
5
5

Hot to cut off wall-to-wall carpet
We have a wall-to-wall carpet that runs in the hall and one bedroom We want to keep the bedroom carpeted, but take up the hallway portion. Never having done this: How and where do I make the cutoff ?...
2
2

Math profs driver's-side mirror: no blind spot
"A side-by-side comparison of a standard flat driver's side mirror with the mirror designed by Dr. R. Andrew Hicks, mathematics professor at Drexel University. With minimal distortion, Hicks's mirror...
4
4

New flooring
I'd like to put new flooring in a 15x20' room. In order to keep the cost down and for better wear, I was thinking of using "chipboard", similar to plywood, but made of strands of wood, or chips of...
2
2