Subject Author Posted Replies

Blue Harbor Freight Tarps are Garbage
After six months the thing is leaking like a sieve. It has apparently lost the waterproof coating.
8
8

Jewel Windows at the Homebuilding & Renovating Show
We are delighted to announce that Jewel Windows will be exhibiting at this years Southern Homebuilding & Renovating Show which is taking place on Saturday 30th June and Sunday 1st July. The show is at...

Air Conditioner Question
My air conditioner is a Trane. It was installed in August 2007 and we have had a routine maint. service call every year - no problems until now. It stopped working sometime Saturday P.M. I noticed...
28
28

Funky smell from AC drain pipe
You do realize that diy banter has parasitcally invaded a usenet forum known as alt home repair? Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus ....
7
7

A guy named Chuck is inside my electric drill
WTF????????? How do I get chuck out of my drill????????
4
4

How to wire sewing machine foot pedal.
Just found a nice looking Singer sewing machine, very light, but it has no cord and I can't test it until I figure out how to connect the two slots in the wall to the three pins in the sewing machine....
7
7

wireless camera
i live 300mtrs from the ocean .houses have been built now blocking my view . the advice i need is what wireless camera would be suitable to put up so that i can view on my tv.
4
4

Consumer Reports
Why does Consumer Reports does not have Hilti for tools or Speed Queen for appliences in their surveys?
19
19

Deep Freezer in garage, any experiences?
Southern Ontario Canada. Attached garage, drywalled but not heated/cooled. Can go slightly below freezing during winter and reach towards 30C in summer. Haven't decided about buying a Stand-up or a...
21
21

Tire inflator chuck - regular vs lock-on?
I want to buy a tire chuck with pressure gauge for my air compressor to inflate tires (car and motorcycle). I already have a $10 model from harborfreight but the gauge is way off. I'm looking at...
12
12

Dremel Saw Max, Left Hand Blade
I was watching a commercial for the Dremel Saw Max. Part of the voice over says "with an unparalleled view of the task at hand". The reason they say that is because the blade is on the left hand side...

Alarm?
I am caregiver to my disabled wife. I am having a problem remembering to give her the meds at night. Is there an alarm, perhaps in the computer, that can be set to go off every night? Manually setting...
8
8

Smart Meters open to cyber attack!
The UK is doomed! " 'If the Iranians or Chinese want to attack Britain, they could do so easily through smart meters. This is the modern day equivalent of a nuclear strike.? " could happen here!
9
9

OT (sort of)- China plans manned space launch this month
I predict that they will not be coming back. Space: China's First Manned Space Docking Launches In June
1
1

best sprinkler head
Any consensus on what's the best brand of sprinkler heads? I've got Hunter brand and every couple years I have to replace 20% of them because they no longer will pop up and then the lawn gets brown...
5
5