Subject Author Posted Replies

door stops
What are your favorite kind of door stops? Do you prefer those that attaches to the hinge, springs, the rigid ones, the door handle ones, or floor mounted ones? This would be for a kitchen door that...
12
12

Concrete advice needed.
I=92m going to be leveling a concrete floor that is off anywhere from 2 =BD= =94 to 8=94 depending on which are you measure from. I estimate that I will= be needing about 85 bags of 90 lbs. concrete....
14
14

Fuzzy Math
I called an upholstery cleaning company, Coit, who shall remain nameless, and asked, roughly, what it might cost to clean two love seats. "Seventy-five dollars each, but this month we're having a 40%...
70
70

high temp threadlocker for plastic?
The screw that hold my oven door handle on keeps loosening up. A little loctite holds it fine until I go to 450F or 550F for an hour or 2-- then it pulls loose. The threads on the plastic are...
2
2

Cellphones cause Insanity
Every time a person uses a cellphone, chemicals are released from the phone that invade the person's brain, and anyone near them, which causes permanent insanity. This only takes a week or two of...
3
3

A/C upgrade?
Our home has a Lennox HVAC system installed by the previous owner a little less than 10 years ago. The A/C unit has an SEER rating of approx. 11, which is low by current standards. How practical and...
6
6

center screw on phone junction block grounded ... why?
In my house the phone wires come into the basement (from the externally-mounted demarcation box) to a junction block that looks like this one: isn't mine, it's illustrating an unrelated post that I...
7
7

Toilet flush problem
This toilet is on a septic system on the first story. For several years this thing has failed to flush maybe 1 out of 10 or 15 times. A plunger easily makes it clear. The shower and sink in the...
22
22

Two questions about granite counters
I went with a friend to a home construction recyle store yesterday and two questions arose. 1) She saw bathroom (and maybe kitchen) counterrs, with sinks in them, that were a couple inches too long...
35
35

Will Silicon Sealant Work On A Propane Regulator?
The bottom line question is this: Can I use a silicon sealant, like Dow 732, to seal a propane regulator fitting? not, is there something else that will solve the following problem: The O-ring on the...
21
21

clay smell in long stored clean clothes
I am suspecting it is from plastic fumes used in the storage materian but a biochemist chum insists it is a benign fungus. I had some clothes stored in a plastic bag for a year that smelled this way....
1
1

Any ideas where to look first for suddenly non-operating heat pump?
Typical! In AZ we have the Air Handler in the attic and the Heat Pump sitting on some square beside the building. Shut off the AC last winter, and when went to turn it on this one time, nothing...
19
19

Sagging Garage Door
I have a detached garage (built in 1955) door made of wood segments joined by woodwork that looks something like tongue-in-groove flooring. Replacing the door is probably impractical. On the garage...
19
19

Puzzling Lawm Mower Problem
I have a TORO "Recycler" Electric Start Mower, model 20018. The mower starts fine - with the key - when cold. The Mower runs fine either hot or cold. After its run for a short time, it will no longer...
30
30

any organic grass control?
Hi All, In my little garden, after the compost and all, the local grasses have found nirvana. I am getting tired of picking their spouts out and am loosing the battle. Is there an organic method for...
18
18