Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Harry - WTF is going on in the UK? Massive bank problem halts transactions for 5'th day(!)
It is almost impossible to "test" new software for a very large and complex computer network like that. Problems crop up when it is installed and 3 zillion people start using it for all their...
2
2

Make a Light Zapper
Combine a light saber and a bug zapper. Video http://hackaday.com/2012/06/18/building-a-bug-zapping-lightsaber/ Bug zapping light saber hack. Music by Kevin MacLeod...

Is 89 or 93 octane gas slicker?
"Spivey recommends using gasoline with an 89 or 93 octane rating, if you can afford it. The fuel is slicker, which means it won't hang around on your engine valves and other internal parts, eating...
21
21

Spray paint or brush?
I have a brick home with wood trim, and it is time to have the trim painted. I plan to use the same painters that I used a number of years ago. They did a good job, but I do have a question. I told...
10
10

Swing an ax like Honest Abe
"...the most important part of his training involved getting comfortable with Lincoln's favorite tool: an ax. "In the film, the president uses the silver-coated blade as a spinning, twirling weapon of...
2
2

Height of Radon Vent Pipe
I'm wondering why radon vent pipes have to be at least the height of the house to which they are attached. As long as the output of the pipe is under pressure from the fan, I don't see why the vent...
30
30

HF - $16.99 Multifunction Tool
I just found a coupon for the Harbor Freight Oscillating Multifunction Power Tool for only $16.99. That's a new low for me, the best previous was $19.99. MAy have to get one at that price.
10
10

Bryabt Evolution 96t furnace
Hi, Considering this particular nodel furnace as a replacement for old Carrier Weathermaker in our house. Anyone installed this Bryant furnace and how do you like it? TIA,

How many gallons of gasoline would it take to charge an iPhone?
should be made with batteries that pop in and out easily so you can be using one and charging one. You should be able to charge one from of the two USB ports that should be in all cars. The main...
48
48

Wrong on so many levels
June 22, 2012

1 or 2 outlets for 4 foot bathroom vanity sink/cabinet
Doing a bathroom reno. Just curious any requirements for outlets for a 4 foot vanity? I know the code is you can put an outlet anywhere as long as it is within 3 foot of the edge of the sink, but I...
23
23

plug in timer
I have a cheaper coffee pot maker (inherited and makes good coffee) that I like but it doesn't have a built in timer like my old one. I want to buy a timer that works like the built in kind that is...
18
18

>>> HELP!! Anyone know how to calibrate an electric oven? <<<
Before I go any further, I want to thank any and all who have the answer. Also, I did look through about 2000 headers/subjects and didn't see this question addressed. I have a 10 year old Jenn-Air...
10
10

Questions About Home Cleaning Prices
1) Some rooms need weekly cleaning while others only occasionally. Do you need to tell them before they arrive which cleaning is required, or can you tell them when they arrive, and then simply pay...
7
7

honeywell chronotherm iv - how to run fan 24/7?
I have a honeywell chronotherm iv thermostat. I run a program all winter. For summer, I just hold a constant temperature; no program. So far so good. I would like to also run the fan 24/7 during the...
2
2