Subject Author Posted Replies

How to Run Your House Solely on Solar Power
The real question might be, why wouldn't anyone want to convert the family homestead to function off the sun's rays? Sounds like quite the formula for happiness, right? The truth is, deciding to go...
6
6

Texas electric grid sets June power record, urges conservation
No mention of buying / importing electricity from outside the state as an alternative to rolling blackouts. ==================================== grid sets June power record, urges conservation HOUSTON...
6
6

Battery question
I don't see why you'd need 3 batteries just to start it and take it to a junk yard. I would think only 1 would be required for starting and the other 2 would be deep discharge type to run 12V loads...
12
12

Weedeater Gas Blower
2 Cycle engine What should the normal range of the compression be? Thanks, R
2
2

Upholstery glue recommendation
foam to foam 3M 74, will also work for fabric and to wood
2
2

Looking for a John deere themed ceiling fan
seems to be ever elusive. I would think there would be some out there somewhere. Anyone seen any?
11
11

OT. WW2 pix.
The colors are phenomenal and the subject matter is very interesting, but the pictures are too "posed" for me. I used to work for Eastman Kodak and that has always been my complaint with any photo...
4
4

types of auto batteries
I recently bought a battery charger ---vector model VEC 1095A---at a yard sale. The instryctions say determine what type battery you want to charge, wet,gel, or agm. Would someone please explain the...
6
6

What would be the best way to find out the value of a slate pool table?
My father bought us a standard 8' pool table when we were kids. The legs of the table became unsteady so it has been leaning on a wall in the basement for around 20 years. It was a pretty expensive...
20
20

what is the market like for painter &decorator in leeds
can any one tel me what the market is like for painting &decorating in the leeds area
3
3

In the old days
In the old days people would periodically lubricate the gears on their tool= s and appliances to keep them in good working order. In our so called =93mo= dernity=94 people have become too lazy and...
12
12

Personal experience with the Rockwell 3RILL
EXCELLENT! The Ms. just bought me a 'birthday' gift, the 62 piece set with charging station and two batteries, as advertised on TV. Usually, the rule is "if it is advertised on TV, it is c***!" But,...
13
13

Garage door issue
Earlier this year (winter), one side of the torsion springs broke on my garage door. My wife works for a contractor and had one of their garage contractor replace the springs. A week or so went past...
15
15

OT: Harry - WTF is going on in the UK? Massive bank problem halts transactions for 5'th day(!)
It is almost impossible to "test" new software for a very large and complex computer network like that. Problems crop up when it is installed and 3 zillion people start using it for all their...
2
2

Make a Light Zapper
Combine a light saber and a bug zapper. Video http://hackaday.com/2012/06/18/building-a-bug-zapping-lightsaber/ Bug zapping light saber hack. Music by Kevin MacLeod...