Subject Author Posted Replies

Pouring A New Concrete Stoop
The plan is to repair my front stoop as follows. 1 - Remove the brick veneer from the front and sides of my 4' x 6' x 14" stoop 2 - Bust up the slab 3 - Bust up the single 6' x 13" x 7" step This...
8
8

Stuck Water Meter
We got a letter from the town water department indicating that their last meter reading showed zero usage and unless we were out of town or something the meter is probably stuck and needs replacing. I...
31
31

Pump monitor?
I am on a well system and over the years have been alerted to a leak by hearing the pump running. It was never very loud but now has become so weak as to be inaudilble...no, the fact that I am pushing...
6
6

Compact Refrigerator
It has provided 27 yrs. of excellent service but finally just stopped running. Wiggle the pronged plug in the wall and it starts running ... but then dies again. It's apparently not a house problem...
24
24

Draining boiler system
My house has a radiant heating boiler system which I will be removing. I am beginning to drain the system and disassemble the unit. Since this is a continuous system with three zones, there are no...
5
5

Wood staining help
Got some white oak flooring laid, now need to make it match some existing red oak i have already. The red oak has been finished with BLO, and 4 coats of shellac, and one coat of waxless shellac. (in...
6
6

sprinkler heads chopped off
I have some Toro Mini 8 Rotor sprinkler heads which were chopped off (and lost) by the riding lawn mower. Does anyone know if there is a site where I can buy just the top inner part of the sprinkler...
8
8

Lawn Sprinkler
Anyone recommend a good lawn sprinkler which provides good equal coverage? Thanks
20
20

Electric fence for dogs
I want to deter my dog (70lbs) from trying to get over my wood picket, 6 foot, fence. If I use a 110V cord from the house I'm concerned that he might chew on it and, if I use a solar panel, I have no...
18
18

How to Install a window Air Conditioner in a wall
I have a shed/workshop that is too hot to use. I have a window AC, but it's too big for the windows in the shed. I've decided to install it in the wall. The walls are just studs with a plywood siding....
13
13

HOT WATER FLOW BLOCKED
House is 62 yrs old... Water heater went out. Replaced it. Now, the hot water won't flow to the kitchen, bathroom sink, or bathtub. Cold water runs fine. The debris in the pipes has blocked the flow...
17
17

OT: Flashlight - easy to find in the dark?
A number of years ago, I acquired an household flashlight has a small pulsing light in it. The little red light flashed about every 5 seconds, to make it easy to find in the dark, which of course is...
11
11

ac noise
got a new carrier central ac ,when I am outside I notice a slight clunking sound when it first starts up,also when it turns off,should I be concerned ?
7
7

Filling contraction Joint
I am going to put some cushioned vinyl flooring on a concrete slab that has saw cut contraction joints in it. What should I use to fill these joints so they will remain a bit flexible, yet be firm...
20
20

Where to get parts for a Nikon D5000 SLR, with DX VR: AF-S Nikkor 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6G lens?
As a summary: 0. Calling 800-645-6687 and spending more than an hour with them, I find: 1. Nikon will sell parts to consumers 2. Nikon will not provide a parts diagram. 3. You have to describe the...
91
91