Subject Author Posted Replies

The most unsafe car ever?
"Never mind the fact that this is a Ford Pinto, a car that has been plagued by safety issues throughout its life, most notably a serious rear fire hazard. No, it's the incredible state of disarray...
43
43

Lapping Drip-Edge?
How the heck do you overlap this type? http://www.lowes.com/Search=34911
2
2

How difficult is it to "build" a door?
This is a continuation of the "Sagging Garage Door" saga from 06-17-12. What with the Big Heat, etc, it's not practical to repair the door. Have been to Lowes, Restore, etc. Can't find suitable...
73
73

OT - wheels straight for safety
Today (July 10, 2012) there were radio reports of a vehicle crash, near me. I searched for it on the web, but did not find it. What I remember is: Driver of vehicle killed. (insert name) was sitting...
5
5

home A/C and R-22 - cost per lb
Just wondering what the A/C service companies are charging for R-22 these days. I called for service on our home A/C unit, and the basic showup charge is $85, but forgot to ask the R-22 per lb...
121
121

Hollowing out a book
Anybody ever carve up a book to conceal something within? I considered: 1. Clamping the pages down between thin boards and attacking the result with a jig saw. 2. Again clamping the pages and going...
37
37

satallite TV
I have satallite TV and am charged monthly by the number of receivers on line. I can readily buy the receivers and got to wondering how does the satallite company know how many I have hooked up?
26
26

Kudos
to Polaris Technologies. Put in a house full of windows 18 years ago with Polaris windows. Glass was guaranteed for 25 years. Had 4 windows with seals broken. One phone call to the manufacturer had my...

cutting a fiberglass panel
I have a fiberglass jetted tub with a front panel for access to the pump. The panel runs the length of the tub. Recently I added wall tiles along the walls where the panel sits. This means I have to...
12
12

Polarity Problem
The blades on both of my circular saws are spinning counter-clockwise? What could have caused this?
16
16

Deck Flooring
Hi, Have an outside (uncovered) Deck. Live in New England. Will be having a contractor come in and replace the Deck flooring which after 30 years isn't too good. It seems to be now wooden planks about...
8
8

Removing bark from a log?
My wife is the artsy fartsy type and she is creating something new. How could I easily remove the bark from a log of about 14" long and 8" diameter? Log is from a willow tree and it was cut down last...
5
5

Durable roof slate
WHere is Devon?
5
5

how to check if AC drain pipe clogged
AZ is a bit hot lately, so running AC's more than usual. Just noticed no dripping out the drain pipes, but then again has been a bit dry at 10-12% humidity so maybe no big deal. But remember Jim...
10
10

Reaction to water from copper plumbing
One of the elderly neighbors had his old galvanized replaced with copper = and says ever since, she has had skin problems. She says she can't wear = costume jewelry because once the silver or gold...
14
14