Subject Author Posted Replies

3 in 1 Oil (stinks)
What exactly is 3 in 1 Oil anyhow? It appears to be just a very thin oil. What is the weight of this oil? (such as 10w or 20w), Why can't a plain thin oil be purchased instead? I have no problem with...
13
13

Opening Cabinet of GE Washer WHRE5550K1WW
Anyone know how to get the front door off of this cabinet? Looks like = you just pop it open from the top and lean it out, but before I break = something, I thought I'd ask. The GE tech support folks...
19
19

What should I know about concrete ceilings?
First, do you mean (I think) that your unit is the penthouse? If so, can you get onto the roof and get an idea of how thick the ceiling structure is? You at least don't have to worry about noisy...
33
33

Telephone poles
Steve, Flyers get hung on such poles. Expect small nails and large staples. Rent a metal detector. Dave M.
17
17

Need help with grounding rod, please.
I have a piece of rebar, 36" long, 1"dia. that I want to use as a grounding rod for an electrical fence. This rod has a lot of rust on it so my questions are, should I wire brush, or sand this rust...
51
51

What does hz/ph mean?
60 hz, single phase.
45
45

door jamb question
Refer to these pics in the URL below and in particular where the tape is near the bottom of the door jamb. Can I just splice out say 6" of the wood where taped and just splice in another or do I need...
15
15

HONEYWELL VISION PRO 8000 BATTERY CHANGE
The batteries in my Honeywell Vision Pro 8000 are weak and the low battery warning is flashing. When I change them (3-AAA), will I lose all the programming, or only the date & time ??? The manual...
3
3

Rust remover?
The lid of my top-loader washing machine shows rust in a small area (the edge of the inside rim). If allowed to continue, this rusts will stain our laundry items. The machine is about 10 years old and...
9
9

OT: When you have a REALLY fast fastball...
"What would happen if you tried to hit a baseball pitched at 90% the speed of light?" "The first thing you see is a blinding light, far outshining the sun. This gradually fades over the course of a...
2
2

OT: Sick Canadians fleeing to the south
"A Canadian study released Wednesday found that many provinces in our neighbor to the north have seen patients fleeing the country and opting for medical treatment in the United States. The...
23
23

The most unsafe car ever?
"Never mind the fact that this is a Ford Pinto, a car that has been plagued by safety issues throughout its life, most notably a serious rear fire hazard. No, it's the incredible state of disarray...
43
43

Lapping Drip-Edge?
How the heck do you overlap this type? http://www.lowes.com/Search=34911
2
2

How difficult is it to "build" a door?
This is a continuation of the "Sagging Garage Door" saga from 06-17-12. What with the Big Heat, etc, it's not practical to repair the door. Have been to Lowes, Restore, etc. Can't find suitable...
73
73

OT - wheels straight for safety
Today (July 10, 2012) there were radio reports of a vehicle crash, near me. I searched for it on the web, but did not find it. What I remember is: Driver of vehicle killed. (insert name) was sitting...
5
5