Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - comfortable work shoes
The work shoes I got at Payless Shoes lasted less than a year. The first couple weeks, they were comfortable, and like walking on thickly padded high quality carpet. Now, they are uncomfortable to...
53
53

Driveway Sealcoating Question: Hot Or Cold ?
Hello, For a typical home driveway, when one hires a contractor to put a "Sealcoat" on it, is the sealcoat usually applied hot or just at normal temperature ? The person we hired says it's applied...
3
3

OT: JONAH FALCON'S 9-INCHER LEAVES TSA AGENTS BEFUDDLED
Jonah Falcon is used to delays at airport security. After all, he has the world's largest penis?9 inches flaccid and 13.5 inches at full staff. So his frisking at San Francisco International Airport...
1
1

AC Capacitor
Just a curiosity question. Seems like every year and a half to two years I have to have the capacitor replaced on the outside part of my central AC. Is this normal? I mean, do capacitors normally wear...
12
12

Wax Ring for Toilet
I have to remove a toilet. It's the first time I've done it. How do I know which wax ring to buy at Lowes? Any tips to keep me out of trouble?
9
9

Portable A/C units
Can anyone think of why all portable air conditioning units come with an air intake hose? I mean why would I hook up air conditioning only to haul in hot outside air?
10
10

Deadbolt Inner Knob Guard
I've googled around but couldn't find what I wanted so I though somebody he= re might know the answer. My front door has a single-tumbler deadbolt, that= is, with just a knob inside for unlocking it....
7
7

What size beam to span 14'
I am planning to build a porch roof attached to the back of my house. It will have a trussed roof. The room will be 14' x 14'. I plan to support this with one end attached to the house and the other...
22
22

Sears Garage Door Opener Codes Very Old 2 Buttome Style
Hi all Does anyone know howto change the code on a very old Sears garage door opener. It is the super old style where you have to press 2 buttons on the transmitter to open or close it. Has to be...
3
3

Best way to wire an outdoor box
I'm referring to this kind of electrical box. wiring one of these waterproof outdoor boxes on a wall, I've found that it's not possible to use the traditional methods. What I mean is that when the box...
36
36

Home Remodeling and Repair
This is Gr8Handyman Rollin Morgan in Aurora, Colorado. Search GR8TV or Gr8Handyman on any search engine. You will find me. I serve the Gr8ter Denver Metropolis Area. I offer FREE ESTIMATES and I offer...

Cap off unused outdoor power?
I had my old hot tub removed. Now there is an unused 240v power coming out of the garage wall in a conduit, down a few feet to the ground, then run along the edge of the house about 15 feet, and end...
55
55

A Cool Sprinkler, a Hose Reel Fix and Moving a Play Set
The Sprinkler: I bought a new sprinkler this weekend which I think is pretty cool. the orange ring in the center. By setting "peaks and valleys" with the ring, you can adjust the distance that the...
4
4

Don’t wait if you need copper re-piping done?
This is a YouTube video: Carlo has found the most important invention ever...or has he?

Sagging Door (was "How difficult to "build" a Door") III
For those crazy enought to try to follow the multiple threads: OP1 - Sagging Garage Door 6-17-12 OP2 - How difficult is it to "build" a door? 7-11-12 In a nutshell, I got a sheet of 1/2" MDF from HD...
110
110