Subject Author Posted Replies

patching stucco is type S mortar ok?
large flat area to cover, is type S mortar ok to use to patch/cover a stucco cutout hole? of course all the stuff underneath is put back in place: sheathing, tar paper, foam insulation, chicken wire
4
4

Gas powered lawn trimmers?
I'm hoping to buy a four stroke gas powered lawn trimmer "weed eater". Are they mostly variable speed? In other words... Do they include a speed control lever, or is it just an on/off switch? Thanks.
11
11

Home remedy for hand swelling from bee/wasp sting
Gat a wasp sting yesterday in the web of my hand betweeen thumb and forefinger. M
38
38

18v Rechargeable Battery
Is it best to run an 18v battery completely dead before recharging?? Or should I recharge it when it's low but not completely dead? This would be one of those Black & Decker batteries for all their...
17
17

Dedicated Bleach Sprayer
I need small bleach solution sprayer to leave near my big yard/food waste c= ontainer to use to keep down the smell. The problem is that every sprayer = I've tried has some metal part (spring, rod,...
10
10

Grout for Tile
The grout in my shower is beginning to look bad. It's not coming out exactly, it's thinned out. And looks dull. I am thinking about buying a small container of pre-mixed white grout and trying to put...
4
4

Hey I'm Aubrey
Hi everyone just want to introduce myself real quick. My name is Aubrey I'm an educator here in the States and I've recently got into carpentry. Hope to learn some great stuff from you guys. Let's...
1
1

House explosion (beyond repair, Wilson, NY)
I heard about this on the news, this morning (July 31, 2012). From what I was hearing, the propane smell in the house was so bad, two of the kids decided to go some where else to live. The rest of the...
2
2

OT: cause of leaf discoloring
Refering to the picture of the 2 leaves, what is the discoloring caused by? Is this due to lack of water or some disease? Location is near Houston, Texas and the temps are like 95 during the day. It...
14
14

What could possibly be under stucco that can't be drilled through
I mounted an 802.11 WiFi antenna and was dismayed to find two drill bits dulled (I don't think I've dulled more than that in my entire life) just trying to drill an inch through stucco to mount an...
16
16

VAC Meaning in Electrical
Can someone tell me what VAC is an abreviation for? This cut and paste home inspector said there was no VAC outlet. I see it used when describing outlets but don't know what it is short for. Thanks,
19
19

Riding mower --- no cut in reverse
I`ve been looking to buy a new riding mower but everything I see will not cut in reverse. I don`t have kids or pets to be concerned about so how do I defeat this feature?
21
21

Cleaning up grout
You started before the grout set, right? No matter, it is probably pretty well set by now and the only way to get it off is physically (scraping/chipping) or chemically (acid). When you grout, you...
6
6

Propane prices - somewhat OT
Just curious if any of this group uses propane for heating and if so, what price is it currently going for. Last Friday I contracted next winter's propane (800 gallon) at $1.359 which is dramatically...
16
16

fluid master toilet flush valves
What is the difference of fluidmaster and fluidmaster pro series toilet flush valves as to how the product is made (not price)? I buy the fluid master at home depot but I had a plumber install the pro...