Subject Author Posted Replies

Hey I'm Aubrey
Hi everyone just want to introduce myself real quick. My name is Aubrey I'm an educator here in the States and I've recently got into carpentry. Hope to learn some great stuff from you guys. Let's...
1
1

House explosion (beyond repair, Wilson, NY)
I heard about this on the news, this morning (July 31, 2012). From what I was hearing, the propane smell in the house was so bad, two of the kids decided to go some where else to live. The rest of the...
2
2

OT: cause of leaf discoloring
Refering to the picture of the 2 leaves, what is the discoloring caused by? Is this due to lack of water or some disease? Location is near Houston, Texas and the temps are like 95 during the day. It...
14
14

What could possibly be under stucco that can't be drilled through
I mounted an 802.11 WiFi antenna and was dismayed to find two drill bits dulled (I don't think I've dulled more than that in my entire life) just trying to drill an inch through stucco to mount an...
16
16

VAC Meaning in Electrical
Can someone tell me what VAC is an abreviation for? This cut and paste home inspector said there was no VAC outlet. I see it used when describing outlets but don't know what it is short for. Thanks,
19
19

Riding mower --- no cut in reverse
I`ve been looking to buy a new riding mower but everything I see will not cut in reverse. I don`t have kids or pets to be concerned about so how do I defeat this feature?
21
21

Cleaning up grout
You started before the grout set, right? No matter, it is probably pretty well set by now and the only way to get it off is physically (scraping/chipping) or chemically (acid). When you grout, you...
6
6

Propane prices - somewhat OT
Just curious if any of this group uses propane for heating and if so, what price is it currently going for. Last Friday I contracted next winter's propane (800 gallon) at $1.359 which is dramatically...
16
16

fluid master toilet flush valves
What is the difference of fluidmaster and fluidmaster pro series toilet flush valves as to how the product is made (not price)? I buy the fluid master at home depot but I had a plumber install the pro...

Please help me interpret noise in the Santa Cruz mountains (roughly -75dBm across the 2.4GHz spectrum)
Good idea. It's easiest to point to Loma Prieta or San Jose. I'm picking up an antenna mount from an old Dish TV antenna because the mount I have isn't sturdy enough for Santa Cruz winds - so when I...
19
19

Copper or?
Putting in fridge ice maker line. Only big thing I see is not use plastic. Would you use braided line or copper? Same with a dishwasher line. Thanks
12
12

PVC pipe
Hello, A friend of mine is creating a game and he is looking for 2 inch schedule 4= 0 PVC pipe, each piece is two feet long, with one end having a belled end. = Does anyone know how we might purchase...
13
13

What oil should I use?
What kind of oil should I use? I have an old fan that looks like it came off of some factory machinery. I've had it for 30 years, but I think it's 50 to 90 years old. ?? It still looks original....
17
17

Cutting Beech Tree
I cut down two trees in the sheep pasture back in January, an oak and a bee= ch, and finally got around to sawing them into firewood logs this weekend. = It seemed to me that the beech wood was much...
9
9

type of paint for sheet rock in bachrooms
We had the sheet rock in bathrooms repainted. The painter said that he used a flat Glidden paint "for bathrooms". I googled for this but didn't find it. This website: to use a semi-gloss for...
16
16