Subject Author Posted Replies

Florida to be destroyed by Hurricane Isaac - enjoy your insurance premium increases USA!
I've got my popcorn ready, beer in the fridge as I prepare to sit back and watch Florida (and the RNC) be destroyed by hurricane Isaac. ?large#contentsWith all the crop-insurance claims that are going...
41
41

Garbage disposal and drain problem/questions.
This is for a friend of mine who just called me. He said he replaced a kitchen sink garbage disposal for someone. He is not a plumber. The person called and said the sink wasn't draining and the...
7
7

"Woodsman, spare that tree!"
A collection of off-the-ground tree houses. Some are just built in the forest instead of actually, you know, built in a tree, but they're all pretty unusual. Unusual in the sense that if your daughter...

(OT) American music has become total trash
Why is it that all the good music these says is coming from foreign countries? England, Ireland, and others. They have talented musicians that actually sing. All that is coming from America is this...
27
27

Kenmore elite dishwasher
My dishwasher has started making a humming/buzzing noise that is getting progressively louder with each use. I have very limited skills but would like to start tackling some of these issues myself.
4
4

Anyone know where I can get this flexible pump discharge hose (see link to photo)
Anyone know where I can get this flexible pump discharge hose (see link to photo) thought it was a version of vacuum hose for a pool but my pool shop only carry's a 2" version and says they have never...
6
6

Home mounting of WiFi antenna - advice sought for a too-short antenna mast
I picked up a Rocketdish RocketM2 radio for WiFi reception and tried to mount it on an old Dish-TV antenna arm. problem is it's about six inches too short (see picture above). I had planned on bolting...
77
77

Death in the Shed - How long will the odor last?
I opened my wooden storage shed last night and based on the smell, I'm thinking something died either in it or under it. The odor isn't overpowering, but there's no doubt that it's there. If the...
11
11

Send your kids to college -> where they play with toys
Send your kids to college -> where they play with toy$: =============== Bid Opportunity Information: Bid Number: 32129514 Bid Title: Radio-Controlled Quadrocopter Bid Notes: Clemson is seeking offers...
5
5

What do you call this, where do you find it?
What do you call this, where do you find it? I need to buy the kind of thermostat used to turn on a car's radiator fan (or at least an electric swtich that will close at 120^ F or higher) , and I also...
17
17

Roof vents
I had my shingles replaced recently by a roofer. Since that time I've been hearing clicks at night, some soft, medium and really loud. I've located the sources, two roof vents. One for the bathroom...
21
21

Garbage Disposal Electrical Problem/Question
Garbage disposer failed and original diagnosis (mine) revealed no power to = the top-half of outlet that both the GD and dishwasher plug into; the dishw= asher worked fine. So, I replaced the outlet,...
6
6

White thinset
I recently had need to remove some Saltillo tile along the outside edge of a concrete slab. The tile had been there for 15 years and had been mortared in place with standard, grey thinset. Much - but...
2
2

propane cooker fuel connector confusion
Using (someone else's) turkey cooker: where the fuel hose connects to the cooker, it has a brass 'collar nut'. This has a tapered end, as if it's supposed to seat and seal. There is a smaller tube...
5
5

Toshiba tv troubleshoot
It may very well be a component overheating. I've had similar problems with other TVs. Chances are, the cost of repair is going to be half the cost of a new TV, a real LED flat screen with a much...
5
5