Subject Author Posted Replies

How to clean a stain off a sidewalk?
I've got this stain on the sidewalk in front of my house that I'd like to clean up. Here's a picture - it might be a little hard to see the stain: the local NBC affiliate covered this here: wish...
2
2

Question about disability payments
My question is -> how can a great country like ours slide into the toilet like this? What's the end-point? We're all going to be collecting social security disability payments once our unemployment...
65
65

Beware the BBB when searching for contractors and vendors
9
9

Any idea what 'class 10.9' means in a black metric 8x125mm two-inch bolt?
I needed an 8x1.25mm bolt for removing stuck brake drums. I asked the hardware store for the strongest bolts they had. They had a grade 8.8 (zinc) in SAE sizes but class 10.9 (black) in metric sizes....
12
12

Handrail
Replacing handrail on interior of home. The existing handrail ends are rounded off. I'd like to round over/off the 3 rails I'm putting up. They didn't make any returns on the existing, I'd like to do...
2
2

another plaster Q!
Now that I've done this great plaster thing, I'm left with getting it off my tools, which I think I can manage, but also there's the floor: which is 1800 sqft of concrete. If I poured muriatic on it,...
2
2

Exterior paint recommendations?
Are there reliable ratings for exterior latex paint? Consumer reports rate behr premium and glidden premium pretty high (both are around $25/gallon). I would like to get other opinions. Also, their...
6
6

Repair Fisher Paykel Washer?
We have a 2007 Fisher Paykel washer, Model GWL11 which is not getting hot water. I have checked the intake screen and it is clear. Has anyone suggestions for things I can do before calling for...
3
3

How to attach wooden dowel to fascia board invisibly
I want to attach two 4" long, 1.5" dowels to the fascia board. The free end of each dowel will hold a Y Screw Hook like this: two dowels will be 13" apart, so I can place my aluminum extension ladder...
3
3

Skim coat won't adhere!!
Never seen this in 40+ years! Technique even works in other areas. Over Dunn Edwards paint on interior surface, skim coat using Home Depot premixed ?? in 1 gal container. this time about 1/16 inch...
4
4

Compacting and preparing base for pavestone deck
I'm looking at using either Pavestones or concrete squares (12 x 12 x 1 1) for a 15 x 15 foot deck on the side of my house. I live in North Texas and we have some funky soils here as far as the soil...
3
3

OT - Gas Prices. Now I have to carry cash.
I've been going for years without carrying too much cash, mostly relying on my debit card. $20 - $25 was enough for the occasional low cost purchase or to order subs at work, things like that. Now,...
80
80

Will Apple sue God next?
looks like Apple is feeling bullish after its recent patent win over Samsung. Polish news site Telepolis reports that the Cupertino-based tech company has set its lawsuit-happy sights on another...
4
4

How to 'extend' radiator pipes after tiling bathroom
We have hot water radiant heat in our house. After having our bathroom re-= tiled, the radiator now sits 3/8" higher than previously so the two pipes c= oming out of the floor are 3/8" too short. I...
11
11

Welding service advertisement
Video