Subject Author Posted Replies

Disconnecting Generac Generator
Hi All, We are disconnecting and removing a 10kw generator. There is an automatic transfer connected to the main panel isnide the house. Is there anything that must be done after disconnecting the...
22
22

Best tool for unsticking doors
I have an old house. From time to time, one door or another will stick. I assume it's because of the house settling in an uneven manner. In the past, I've used a surform tool to shave off about 1/16"...
28
28

OT - talk like a pirate day (2023 Update)
Sept 19, I missed it. A. Young Learn more about Jesus . International Talk Like A Pirate Day – Sept. 19, every year since 2002 International Talk Like A Pirate Day – Sept. 19, every year since...
30
30

OT: Sir Patrick Stewart loses will to live
"Stewart , 72, became entangled with cable giant Time Warner Cable on Twitter last week while trying to get cable service installed in his new $2 million home in Brooklyn?s Park Slope neighborhood....
5
5

Need more powerful trunk solenoid, I think
Today I got far enough along installing a trunk solenoid in my 2000 Camry Solara convertible to test it. It works except for that it's not strong enough to open the trunk. The cable has to bend 90...
6
6

Part above microwave oven to keep air going only one way
We are having our kitchen remodeled. We are reusing our microwave oven (a Kenmore 665.6170911). The contractor says that there is supposed to be a piece on top of it that lets air out the vent but...
8
8

This is why you just shoot home invaders.
If someone is bold enough to invade your home, you don't ever want them to do it again. ------------- Teen dies and two friends wounded after they are 'lined up and shot in the head execution style...
4
4

Electrical Conduit Question
Current Set Up: 1 - Residential setting 2 - Cloth covered 2 conductor "romex" running inside steel conduit to bathroom ceiling light fixture. 3 - One nut on inside of fixture box, one nut on outside,...
15
15

Water temp changed
After a new shower faucet was installed in the master bedroom, the second shower now has only hot water for a minute or two and then it is lukewarm. The second shower is a Glacier Bay single handle...
9
9

EPA to protect small engines
"EPA requires that retail stations that own or operate blender pumps either dispense E15 from a dedicated hose and nozzle if able or, in the case of E15 and E10 being dispensed from the same hose,...
62
62

TomTom won't stick
"Steve B" wrote in news:k3cvbq$kib$ Diamond drill,and an M4 bolt and nut.
21
21

PEX for refrigerant
Hi, Is there such thing as PEX that you can use instead of copper for HVAC refrigerant? Thanks! Sam
20
20

(OT) Auto brakes question
My brakes on my older Chevy seem to work fine, but several times lately when I've had to brake fast, the brake light comes on. On normal braking it does not come on. The master cylinder fluid is full,...
5
5

Why do they still use the 9/10 cent on gas prices?
It seems that with gasoline being aound $4 a gallon, that 9/10 of a cent makes little difference. Why do they still use it? Why did they use it in the first place? Besides that, since a penny can not...
52
52