Subject Author Posted Replies

mending cracked tubing on manual blood pressure cuff
I have a long-used manual blood pressure cuff. This is the kind with a rubb= er tube running from the air bladder to the gauge and with another tube run= ning from the hand bulb pump to the air...
33
33

Your new home can make you sick!
"[Klamath Falls, Ore] Within days of moving in this past summer, Beth Hankins, an ER nurse, started experiencing breathing problems. Then Jonathan got migraine-like headaches and nosebleeds. By the...
2
2

Cost to repair BB hole damages in stucco wall?
Any licensed contractors out there that can give me an idea of what repairing 6 holes made by BB's straight into rough texture stucco would cost? Pattern is inside less than 6 inch diameter circle,...
4
4

OT, A Link From The Same Place As Game: Match The States On A Map
This one is very interesting if you'd like to know where your cousins are concentrated. ^_^ may be surprised where your surname has been. ^_^ TDD http://worldnames.publicprofiler.org/Main.aspx

air conditioners
I have a 6-yr. old Trane air conditioner. Last year I had a problem with i= t and spent over $1000 - replaceing the coolant in it. I think the same th= ing is happening again and I am reluctant to...
21
21

Decking Material
Hello, Thinking of redoing my Deck with possibly TREX, or just pressure treated wood. a. Are there different quality levels (and/or Brands) for the usual pressure treated wood you see e.g., at HD ? b....
11
11

How to cut a 4" round hole in soffit - no hole saw.
I need to cut a 4" round hole in a soffit, from underneath, while standing on a ladder. The soffit is not horizontal, it slants upward from the gutter towards the house. We may have some access to the...
52
52

Gravel in Downspout
We have a poorly designed downspout that has a 12-inch horizontal section that begins about 8-inches down from the roof; the 12-inch section appears to be welded at both ends We've noticed rainwater...
4
4

Small light cordless drill with light
I want to buy a small, light, cordless drill with LED lights that shine on what I am drilling or screwing. I think I want one with a lithium battery. Can anyone recommend a good model? I will be using...
24
24

Compression Fittings - Can you use Metal on Plastic & other questions
I looked up my original question on the net and the below info was the best answer I could find: _____________________________________________________ From Not all compression fittings are suitable...
3
3

OT Velveeta
OT Listening to radio from 1949 and the commercial for Velveeta carefully referred, twice, to it as "cheese food", instead of cheese. I noticed this style a few years ago and though that new...
5
5

Generators Revisited
There's been a lot of talk of generators and how to store gasoline for them which got me to thinking of the conversions I've done for customers who wished to run them on NG or LP gas. I would buy the...
77
77

Disposing Of Oily Rags?
I realize there are many different opinions on this subject.... I have a small workshop with regular rags - motor oil and oil finishes of various sorts. I have been drying rags, and then throwing them...
17
17

carpet
What brand & style of carpet did you get for your home? Looking for something, which will hold up to traffic (stairs).
18
18

Reminder To Avoid Accidents When Working Around The Home
Even though most injuries are not fatal, the pain and discomfort can put you out of action for a long time so be careful. O_o http://tinyurl.com/8dh97on http://tinyurl.com/8ry7w6k...
3
3