Subject Author Posted Replies

Rust-Oleum Transformations Countertop
Who has used this or a similar product? Rust-Oleum Transformations Countertop comments? I have tiered counters in my kitchen and I wanted to dress up one of the tiers for the holidays. The one I'm...
1
1

OT: Congressional Research Service Report On Tax Cuts For Wealthy Suppressed By GOP
The New York Times reported on Thursday that Senate Republicans applied pressure to the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service (CRS) in September, successfully persuading it to withdraw a report...

500 Mormon missionaries helping out
energy, team spirit, cheerful. Good job, missionaries! (Of course, I'm not biased....) Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus . The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Some 500 LDS...

NYC dumpster diving for food
only three days, people without food. Guess they weren't prepared? Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus .
63
63

Austrailian view of Red Cross
A good survivalist comments on Red Cross. From another list. Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus . My father was a soldier during WW2. New Guinea, Bouganville, Borneo... that whole area. 2/2...
22
22

type of sander
Need to refinish 300 sq foot deck. Takes too much time with my palm sander. Should I get belt or rotary sander? Frank middle GA
7
7

Utility repair crews turned back
Because they weren't union. "...crews from Alabama got the shock of their lives when other workers in a coastal New Jersey town told them they couldn?t lend a hand without a union card."
46
46

Just in Time ! 11 ways to storm-proof your house !
I'm with you there, and that day may be coming relatively soon. I read an article in Wired magazine 15 or 20 years ago that predicted mankind's biggest threat in the 21st century would arise from the...
5
5

Sandy pictures
Pics
5
5

backup power for gas stations standardize the connector
if i were king, i would establish a standardized connector that all gas stations and other critical infrastructure would be required to have ready to accept backup generator power for the pumps the...
20
20

How does gasoline go "bad"? When?
I occasionally use gasoline to clean bearings. i would cean the bearings and leave the small pan outdoors overnite. by the next day all the gas would of evaporated leaving just some greasy dry crud i...
27
27

One Economist's Realistic Hurricane Post-Mortem
Rosie On Sandy: One Economist's Realistic Hurricane Post-Mortem of idiotic "expert assessments" how the destruction in the aftermath of Sandy is good for the economy and "creates wealth" (just ask...
2
2

NYC subway repair
Edited for length, read full article on web. New York Subway System Faces Weeks to Recover From Storm October 31, 2012 Seven subway tunnels under New York's East River flooded, MTA officials said....
54
54

internet controlled thermostat
Who uses one? Do they require a Cat 5 cable? How many people's schedule can you set the temps for? My sister and her two kids moved in with me. My nephew is in school and it would be nice to warm the...
43
43

Monroe County, NY, day four
County Name: MONROE, New York, USA Number of Customers Served: 282359 Number of Customers Out: 3875 Percent of Customers Out: 1.37% Still plenty of people without power. Mine has been on, all through....
5
5