Subject Author Posted Replies

Oven bulb lube
After changing oven light bulb, the threads seemed gritty and rough. Hard to turn the bulb. What's a lube that withstands oven heat, and is safe? Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus .
24
24

Lawnmower Battery Question
I have a Murray electric start lawnmower. I know that I am supposed to unplug the cable during the winter months. Is it safe to leave the battery, unplugged, in the mower which is stored in the shed,...
9
9

how to replace a oil tank gauge
my oil tank have a gauge and its broken, can any one help me how to replace it
6
6

OT - Speaker Wire, Crackling Speakers
A few weeks ago I picked up a surround sound system on Craigslist. It came with some pretty thin speaker wire, (24 gauge I think) but the guy said it worked fine for him. I had enough of my own 16g...
20
20

Flickering Lights
I've got a flickering light problem to track down. The circuit has a few living room outlets on it with 2 incandescent lamps plugged in and a couple of 4' florescent shop-light style fixtures in the...
22
22

CFL vs shop FL tube light
I had to replace the burned out FL long straight tube in my shop light, and noticed the marking indicated "40 watt". I was thinking - our twist CFLs that replaced the our 60 watt bulbs are only...
14
14

upgrade 3-wire thermostat?
The cable connecting the furnace and thermostat has 3 wires. The thermostat is a honeywell battery powered unit and can turn the heat on/off, or turn the fan on/off. I want to install a thermostat...
3
3

Mantis Tiller Adjustment
We had a Mantis garden tiller which worked well for a number of years but i= t finally wore out this spring, when we bought a new one. It worked well fo= r the spring tilling then rested in the garage...
2
2

(OT) Welcome back the Newspaper boy
Back in the late 90's it appeared that the daily newspaper was a dying thing. People could go online and read the news on multiple sites. This was true, and I found myself going in that direction....
26
26

Is that a voltage mismatch
Hi, I have a rechargeable vacuum cleaner from which I lost the power adapter a = long time ago. Now I found one (I think!) and it fits and everything, but I= 'm not sure. The vacuum cleaner says...
16
16

GE Powermark Gold Loadcenter - ground bar vs. neutral bar
In this load center are the ground bar and neutral bar interchangeable? I have the model in the picture, here:
16
16

More on Texas' 85-mph speed limit
"Perhaps by 2030 we'll be able to lawfully drive as fast as we should have been allowed to drive back in 1990. But don't count on it. There's too much revenue at stake." and ... "If it was "safe" and...
120
120

OT Poisons
On the box last night. It was a consumer/watchdog program, the topic was illegal imports. One item was about poisonous heavy metals in cosmetics imported from the USA. There was "hair tonic" that...
9
9

Limestone Neutralizer for Boiler Condensate?
I was watching Ask This Old House this morning. They installed a high efficiency combo boiler and WH, a neat little unit that hung on the wall. Rich pointed out the condensate pump and the Limestone...
6
6

Chainsaw engine experts?
I have a 40 year old Stihl chainsaw that is giving me fits. It had not been used in probably 6 months or more. Even back then, it was having problems, with not wanting to start, stalling when going...
11
11