Subject Author Posted Replies

Another Space Heater Question - Oil Filled
Picture an oil filled space heater no thermostat switched to the 15KW setting. Picture it in a closed room with no thermostat in a house that is kept at 68 F by a thermostat in another room. Assume...
31
31

Weird noise in pipes. Any suggestions?
I hear a strange noise in my walls when I shut off running water from a fau= cet. Doesn't matter if hot or cold water. Doesn't matter which faucet or = valve (e.g. sink, shower, toilet, etc.) I would...
20
20

Inexpensive (relative, anyway) electrical fittings...
Anybody have a supplier they're keen on? Just came from local and a single compression-style 1/2" EMT coupling was multi-$$. :( The set-screw type were cheaper, of course, but they're just butt-ugly....
3
3

What is this?
Irregular Times Memberikan Informasi Seputar Berita politik di USA
7
7

Furnace Plumbing Question
Hello, Have a forced hot water heating system. Typical 2 story Colonial house. Have a valve that I have to replace in the main household cold water line. But, I don't want to mess up the heating...
3
3

Walmart is your Friend
I keep seeing posts on this newsgroup cutting down Walmart. To those posting these messages, KNOCK IT OFF! Walmart is your friend. If it was not for Walmart importing all their wonderful products from...
27
27

Somewhere it's Black Tuesday
You dont think the stores are done yet, do you? We had Black Friday, begun on Thursday, and continued into Saturday or Sunday. Then came Cyber Monday........ Somewhere it's got to be Black Tuesday,...
1
1

OT - Special website for homeguy
Time to go shopping don't have any affiliation with this site/s. Somebody in a Knitting group sent me the link. Made in the USA Products Directory for American Made Items
1
1

Garage door torsion spring relocation project (Status = Not going well)
My garage door torsion spring relocation is NOT going well. First, I tried to relocate the spring anchor plate 18" to the left where I 'thought' there was wood - but that turned out to be a solid...
46
46

Break away electrical cord?
I need to replace the power plug on my ten year old vacuum because the cable jacket has pulled out of the plug, leaving the two wires acting as their own strain relief. While I'm at it, I wonder if...
6
6

On space heaters
I read an article recently claiming that space heaters in the bedroom didn't really save money in that the cost of electricity to run them costs far more than central heating. I was skeptical of that...
31
31

Liftmaster Problems
Have had it for almost 4 years but recently operation is erratic. No problems with the button in the garage but using the remote is problematic. I have a spare that was never used and it gave the same...
12
12

Oven Temp, Frigidaire Elec. Range, Model FEF357CESE
Just bought a home with the electric range. Oven temp is way too hot, 50-75 degrees. Turned it on about an hour ago to 300, and oven thermometer is consistently reading 350. Seemed on T'giving it...
20
20

If torsion spring breaks on metal garage door
Hypothetically, on a metal garage door, if the torsion spring breaks, can you disengage the garage door from the garage door opener (track) and open and close it? Suppose there are 2 torsion springs...
36
36

Quick temporary repair for hole in wall
To repair the plumbing for the kitchen sink, it was necessary to break the wall under the kitchen sink to get at the plumbing. The hole is about 7 or 8 inches in diameter. Until I can have the hole...
25
25