Subject Author Posted Replies

spray foam for under a jetted tub
I installed a jetted tub about 15 years ago. It came attached to its own wooden supports on top of 3/4" plywood. I basically just had to put in place and screw the plywood down. Since that time, I've...
5
5

Any decorating ideas for a girly room?
I have to paint it white but what are something I could do to make it more girly? My mom said I can get wall decals I wanted to get some quotes on the walls and put those glow in the dark stars on the...
12
12

Closet door part.
I don't know what you call this part but our closet as two accordion style doors that meet in the middle. One of the doors was getting stuck. I removed it and found that the part shown in the picture...
17
17

where to get some super-warm, XXL, mittens?
Hard to find are gloves or mittens for large hands. Google helps, but you really don't know if the product (mittens) is any good -- or not, eg made in China. Also, will it hold up, like being worn...
15
15

OT, Don't Make A Redheaded Woman Angry
Crazy?! You wanna see crazy you cheating SOB?! ^_^
21
21

Weird finish. How to repair.
I've got a bedroom suite, thirty or more years old, whose finish (whatever it is) has turned, um, "sticky." As a consequence, it hold dust like a flocked Christmas tree! I could, and probably will,...
9
9

What is This Cabinet Finish?
Hi, I don't get what this is. Looks like a fine film that came off a bathroom cabinet in a couple small places and was overhanging an edge. It curled up as I removed it from the edge. If someone knows...
11
11

Briggs Carb Compare
Anyone with a lot of Briggs experience know if a 390323 carb be used to replace a 490419 which is NLA? They look identical. Both for 8HP engines. I suppose there could be hidden differences like the...
1
1

OT -- avoid the flu shot?
(edited for length. Read full article on the web.) on the Flu Shot Scam Tuesday, November 2nd, 2010 I attended a webinar presented by Dr. Sherry Tenpenny, perhaps the country's leading expert on the...
32
32

Cow Proof Fence? Not Electrified
Hi and Happy Holidays, What would take to build a fence that cows could not break through or jump over? We have a recurring problem with a neighbor's cows breaking through our fence. We are looking...
18
18

Garage Door repairs: DIY
It can be frustrating when your remote control or key-less entry pad stops working and I know there are lots of people who prefer to "Do It Yourself". If you are having troubles closing your garage...
1
1

Washing Machine Outlet Box
Need to replace the box 2 x 1/2" sweat conn valves prefer quarter turn with stub so as not to melt the box when connencting, drain center located and 2", box sturdy Presently have metal and all I see...
2
2

20-Volt Li-Ion power tools? -- I don't think so
I think it was here that I posted a few months back that I had discovered that the allegedly 19.2-Volt "Craftsman" power tools use the same five Li-Ion cells (3.6V per cell) as other manufacturers use...
19
19

Grass trimmer full-throttle tuning?
the plastic plug so that the high-speed jet can be adjusted. Good idea, bad idea, no big deal? Thanks. Show how to remove the tamperproof carburetor plug on an Echo Weedwacker to adjust the high speed...
2
2

Painting galvanized panels
Pressure wash with vinrgar, like you said, and then pressure rinse twice as long. Let set for a week or more, preferably a month or more, to weather the galvanized at least a little bit. But if it...
6
6