Subject Author Posted Replies

Is there a bathroom exhaust fan with a damper?
I have big east facing windows in the bathroom so in summer I run the exhaust fan from 9am-1pm to suck out the heat. Saves me $20 per month on my electric. So.. In the winter the exhaust fan sucks out...
5
5

Is there a practical difference between the tip and the ring??
I'm starting a new thread becuase this subtopic is very specific and goes beyond burglar alarms. Is there a practical difference between the tip and the ring on telelphone lines, these days? Could...
4
4

Burglar Alarm Question: Willl failutre to communicate resolve itsleff
ths is a DSC alarm PC5010, but I've read everything online about it, and I don't think the answer is there. The phone line was disconnected for quite a while, ever since I went from DSL to fiberoptic...
16
16

3D Housing in Iowa
<> A partnership is hoping to bring affordable housing to rural America and give young families a chance at homeownership.

OT: Obnoxious Popups
Seems like the websites of the local TV stations in my area have gone hog-wild and pig-crazy with popups and popovers. They cover up half or two-thirds of the screen. Distracting as all get-out-- not...
17
17

Carlon ENT Blue Smurf Adapters/Couplers
Does anyone have experience with Carlon ENT adapters and couplers ? I am considering purchase some Smurf tube and adapters to run some wire that I may need to re-pull at some later time. Do they stay...

armstrong 2 x 2 ceiling tiles
Looking for 8 Armstrong 2 x 2 Homestyle Circa Ceiling Panels. Item #89091 Model #908. I am located near Norristown, PA

re-use plastic wrapping straps after cutting them off
You buy containers wrapped in those 5 foot long half inch wide plastic wrapping straps and you cut off the straps with scissors. Then you throw away the straps because you can't reheat them to seal...
20
20

All the details you need to orbit your own Webb telescope.
Nope, you still need a big bag of money to pay for it all. Bob F <> wrote > The James Webb Space Telescope (sometimes called Webb or JWST) is a large infrared telescope with a 6.5-meter primary...
1
1

Carrier inducer motor questions
I have a Carrier 58WAV upflow furnace in the garage, and two days ago we changed out the main blower motor. When we fired up the furnace again, the draft inducer motor squealed for maybe a minute,...
10
10

toilet bowl cleaner with hydorcholoric acid
Would you use toilet bowl cleaner with hydorcholoric acid in the winter time when you can't open the windows? I never use the bathroom fan and it seems to have broken some time in the last 20 years....
2
2

OT Follow-up on notarizing will
Follow-up on notarizing will. So the first time I posted about hirign a notary to come to the house of friends to notarize my will, someone didn't go so far as to try to make me stupid, but if I were...
11
11

Just an oddity, Amazon vs. Home Depot.
Just an oddity. Amazon sells this valve handle from Danco, used below sinks and next to toilets for $6.00 HomeDepot sells the original handle, by BrassCraft, for $2.00 And the BrassCraft version is...
10
10

Multi Reverse Plug Adapter
What is a Multi Reverse Plug Adapter? I have one and I have no idea where I got it. I have a wholle bunch of junk in a a few cartaons and I was looking for something and I found a pretty plastic, in...
1
1

Should I order another one to make up for one that is stalled?
Should I order another one to make up for one that is stalled? I ordered 4 things from Amazon, they split it into 2 orders both of which were to come on Saturday. I got two emails on Saturday saying...
20
20