Subject Author Posted Replies

[OT] What instrument is this?
What instrument is this? Sounds like a dobro or a slide guitar, but it's not. Instrument — Postimages
3
3

Houseless Living
This about a guy living in a tent in San Francisco. He uses drugs, of course, and gets $820/month in welfare and food stamps. <> "If you're going to be homeless, it's pretty f**king easy here."

Tea infuser for coffee
Costco sells an electric tea pot with a tea infuser attachment. I grind my coffee beans and put them in a French Press. But can that metal mesh tea infuser attachment be used to make coffee?
7
7

big glass magnifying magnifiers
My old aunt's 95th birthday is coming up. She likes huge magnifying glasses (for obvious reasons of old eyes). Of course they get heavy that big but plastic scratches too easily. Do you know of any 4...
6
6

lettuce refrigerate why
Most things with leaves aren't easily infected by bacteria. I guess for the reasons that they normally live outside as plants. Which brings me to my storey after I just came back from Costco. I have a...
5
5

measure camber at home
Any suggestions for a good, but not too expensive measuring tool and 15 to 17 inch adjustable wheel jig for checking camber at home that you know of? I know there is an "egyptian" way (plumb bobs,...
1
1

coffee grinds
I don't put anything down the drain I didn't eat first. And I don't put anything in the recycling that isn't recyclable. And I don't even _have_ a trash bucket (for reasons above). The coffee grinds...
11
11

OT. Right to Repair
This article talks about farm implement maker John Deere furnishing information to owners who want to repair their own equipment. <> John Deere refuses to allow farmers to repair their own equipment....
1
1

Card truck? Domino effect?
I cannot imagine having the time to make this.
1
1

Neighbor's house for sale
This guy lives in back of me and I was surprised to see house for sale: way our properties are situated out back I hardly see or know the guy but he is a stone mason contractor. He is not in our...
16
16

Cesspool pump out scam?
We recently moved to an older house with a septic system. Previous owner reported they never had it pumped out in 14 yrs. Had a cesspool guy come to assess: found a 4” pipe a few feet down with 2...
1
1

Lowe’s Tile Installation Fraud
Lowe’s installed several rooms of ceramic tile. The installer leveled the floor with broken tiles mixed with thinset and did not tape the Hardie Backer seams. The tile cracked along all the Hardie...

OT: Dad Joke
Hi All, It's a "DAD JOKE". It is not suppose to be funny! I asked an old man I knew "After 95 years you still call you wife 'Darling', 'Honey', and 'Love'". What is your secret? Old man: "I forgot her...

Flying Car
Garages might have to be changed a bit to make room for this thing. It has an IC engine. <><> A flying car has been given the green light to take to the skies....
7
7

Follow-up on notarizing will 2
In on Sun, 30 Jan 2022 00:43:14 -0500, micky wrote: No, I asked the latter question only, notarize my will, but you raise an interesting question and I want to know the answer too, so I called UPS...