Subject Author Posted Replies

Something to consider when building a deck where it snows...
Everytime I shovel the snow off of my deck, I keep (mentally) kicking myself for not including a removable section of railing. I swear that if I ever replace the railing I will add that feature. My...
17
17

Backup battery problem
I use a deep-discharge battery for power for a light and a fan in the event of an A/C power failure. It looks like a car battery. Anyhow, after years of service, with a small charger, I've started...
17
17

Smoke alarm
We have a couple of battery powered smoke alarms in our multi-story house. One is on the second floor, where the bedrooms are, in the hallway near the stairs. When my wife is cooking some things or...
31
31

DO NOT use Snowblower on a Roof
I just downloaded a user manual for a snowblower I am trying to repair. It says "DO NOT use Snowblower on a Roof". COME ON....... I know this world is full of idiots, but could anyone /really/ be that...
21
21

What is the root of this BMW design flaw in all 3,5,7 series BMW trunk wiring looms?
Almost every BMW E39 (5-series) and E38 (7-series) and E46 (3-series) has shorts that develop in the trunk wiring loom - all in the same spot! Here is a picture of the uniformity of the shorts: Here...
60
60

Snapper Snowblower - Need Repair Manual
I bought a Snapper Snowblower model I 524 or 5240 (it says both), at an auction. It runs, but wont stay running unless I keep it about 2/3 choked. It has a Tecumseh 5HP engine. I dont see any fuel...
10
10

Crack in colander (large sieve)
I am trying to repair a crack in a kitchen colander. I tried using Extra Strong Super Glue (cyanoacrylate) which I bought from the pound shop. It did not hold the crack together. The plastic seems to...
11
11

Burning Stuff With 2000ºF Solar Power!!
Quite impressive. And all from an LCD TV screen? I like the part where to see if he can ignite gasoline he takes the two gallon can and uses it to pour some on to the hot surface...... No need for...
4
4

Does Bleach Really Kill Mold?
Mold - Get Rid of it Naturally
23
23

How do you attach romex to an outdoor outlet box mounted to brick?
I am installing an outlet on the outside of my brick house and I have already run the romex to the outside by drilling a 1/2" hole through the brick. I am trying to figure out how would I attach the...
25
25

So what's the scam here?
Spotted an ad on Craigslist for a power saw that I might be interested in but ad doesn't give any details. It's clearly a DeWalt sliding compound miter saw, but what size? So I emailed the seller for...
26
26

Location of CO detector (inside HVAC ducts?)
The instructions that come with residential CO detectors tell you to place them on the ceiling, outside each bedroom, and have at least one on each level of the house. They say to not put them in the...
21
21

Car AC theory question
AC condensers (the part that's in front of the radiator) can be purchased in bare aluminum or painted black. The purpose is to transfer heat to the air. It seems to me that for maximum heat transfer...
83
83

Leak coming in by fuse box
I just heard some water dripping here in our basement and was shocked to see drops of water coming off the box of the fuse box. I looked around outside and it looks like water is coming in where the...
7
7

Sharkbite fittings
I never heard of them until a couple of years ago on this newsgroup. Fantastic, they are. When my house was build, the baseboard heating tubing had to take a bend at the shower stall. The plumber put...
15
15