Subject Author Posted Replies

Los Angelos, Electric, Not Natural Gas
An editorial pushing for an elimination of natural gas in California housing. <>
47
47

OT. P.J. O'Rourke was 74
Some of his writing ended up in Rolling Stone and National Lampoon. I'd bet that some here have read his stuff. <>

Ping Micky: Another Water Heater Risk - Fire & Explosion
You might be on vacation by now, but maybe you'll see this before you get home. I just installed a water heater this weekend. Scanning the manual, I found the following paragraph. There may have been...
16
16

sticky rubber surface, how to fix?
I have a rubber surface that, over time, has become sort of tacky or sticky. Since it's black in color, any dirt it comes across sticks to it. Is there any way to negate or eliminate this tackiness?...
8
8

Delta Bathroom Faucet Seats and Springs
Are the rubber seats and springs used in Delta one-handle bathroom faucets the same and interchangeable with the ones in Delta two-handle bathroom faucets?
4
4

Locks don't matter?
Whoever said it probably isn't reading anymore, but despite what some say about locks only keeping out honest people, what I see on the web shows otherwise. "I'm in [an older middle class n'hood in...

Can anyone explain how this battery charger works?
It's also not exactly what I''d call a charger. It's more of a charging indicator circuit. It takes DC input and puts it straight to the battery through a diode. The rest is there apparently for the...
4
4

inventory check and email notification for Lowes?
Unfortunately, Lowe's doesn't seem to offer a sign up for email notification when something on their website is back in stock. Does anyone know of any free, preferably non-registration websites that...
16
16

Frigidaire Gallery oven lock
somehow the oven lock is keeping the upper oven door from closing on my Frigidaire Gallery oven. I’ve tried shutting off the power at the breaker panel and the light and self-clean button solution...
1
1

Microwave mixer
I need a microwave mixer. Any of you guys see something like this I can actually purchase? Google is failing me.
11
11

[OT] What instrument is this?
What instrument is this? Sounds like a dobro or a slide guitar, but it's not. Instrument — Postimages
3
3

Houseless Living
This about a guy living in a tent in San Francisco. He uses drugs, of course, and gets $820/month in welfare and food stamps. <> "If you're going to be homeless, it's pretty f**king easy here."

Tea infuser for coffee
Costco sells an electric tea pot with a tea infuser attachment. I grind my coffee beans and put them in a French Press. But can that metal mesh tea infuser attachment be used to make coffee?
7
7

big glass magnifying magnifiers
My old aunt's 95th birthday is coming up. She likes huge magnifying glasses (for obvious reasons of old eyes). Of course they get heavy that big but plastic scratches too easily. Do you know of any 4...
6
6

lettuce refrigerate why
Most things with leaves aren't easily infected by bacteria. I guess for the reasons that they normally live outside as plants. Which brings me to my storey after I just came back from Costco. I have a...
5
5