Subject Author Posted Replies

Erratic engine cranking
The grass is starting to grow so I need our riding mower. After a winter of non-use and a battery charge I managed to get it started. Briefly. Not unusual, frequently dies if I don't get the...
15
15

Deer GP:
When i have to have "that" test again in 2 years or thereafter, please be putting more lube on your gloved finger.... This was not a good day to be walking to and from the GP's office for the annual...
9
9

OT/Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Oh those crazy Canadian teens just wanna have fun. We Americans had such high hopes for our northern neighbors, hoping that they could rise above and be a shining example for the rest of. I guess on...
1
1

Window A/C circuit requirements
I am adding some new circuits to a 2nd floor apartment and I need to decide how to do the wiring to accommodate window air conditioners. There are two rooms involved -- a living room and a bedroom....
12
12

Blocked Soakaway
My property has a septic tank that needs emptying more and more frequently. Does this mean the soakaway is blocked? If so, is there any way to unblock it please? Thx
26
26

Replace leathers on a pitcher hand pump
I need to replace the leathers on a pitcher hand pump. Does anyone know if you have to soak the leather before you install them? If so how long and in what? I have heard that if they are properly...
5
5

Mixed voltages in a conduit
I know that you are not allowed to mix, say a low voltage line in a conduit with line voltage wires. My question is, can you mix them if either the line voltage wires or the low voltage wires are in...
21
21

Sanding rounded parts
I'm refinishing an old-style TV cabinet. I've stripped off the original polyurethane and stain from the cabinet. What's the best way to remove the stain from the inside corners and from the round...
4
4

OT, Jonathan Winters, RIP
He was one of my very favorite funny men, he didn't have to be foul and profane like many of today's main stream P.L.L.C.F. approved comics. o_O TDD Home - Jonathan Winters
8
8

OT Yesteday's weather
OT Do you remember a year or two ago when I posted asking where to find yesterday's weather? Well I found it! At You have to put in your zip code or city or place. I don't think they used to have this...

Why Can't You Lay Refrigerator Down??
Is it true that laying a refrigerator down on it's side ruins it and/or voids any warranty? I read something about how when you lay it on the side, that oil and coolant get up into the coils. Other...
56
56

Experiment removing brown toilet bowl stains with various acids
In another thread, it was determined that porcelain toilet bowls were impervious to commonly available acids such as phosphoric (Naval Jelly) & hydrochloric (pool muriatic acid). So, I'll run an...
54
54

Make this group Moderated?
Wouldn't this be a better group if it was moderated? Has anyone ever considered that?
78
78

Multiple Water Regulators
At my home, I assume as it is in most homes, we have one regulator on the water mains. However, if we take two showers at the same time, the water pressure is low in both showers. It's not bad, it's...
17
17

Threading Wood
This is a general question, not for a specific application. It popped into my head while working on a minor home remodeling project last night. Has an yone had occasion to cut threads into a wooden...
11
11