Subject Author Posted Replies

Which router is better to keep
I recently inherited a well-used Sears Craftsman model 3154.174771 variable speed router. The brushes look fine. I already have a lightly-usedSears Craftsman model 315.17461 single-speed router. I...
17
17

OT: When will the libs apologize to Reagan and Conservatives?
Remember when Ronald Reagan created the Strategic Defense Initiative, the idea being that rather than only having mutually assured destruction as a response, we could have a shield to intercept...
51
51

Dryer Drum Rust
My dryer is getting rust stains on my whites and I want to paint a small area on the dryer drum. My problem is that I have been unable to find the heat resistant enamel appliance paint to take care of...
13
13

Bromine in septic tank?
Hi All, The wife tried some chlorine based tablet things in the tank of the toilet and it kept the bowl nice and clean. The tablets were rated Septic Tank saf e as the amount f Chlorine going in was...
12
12

Runner thinks police had tip-off about bomb
The FBI obviously did not do their job in this situation. You gave up your rights to privacy so various agencies can vacuum up your personal electronic information, wire-tap your e-mails and text...
2
2

Another housing bubble?
Editorial from Investor's Business Daily: Kids sometimes quickly learn the hard way not to touch hot stoves. Adults learn much more slowly apparently. The Obama Subprime Bubble | Investor's Business...
10
10

Rotary Telephone wont return to the start position
My rotary telephone dial wont return to the start position, when I dial. I'm guessing that either the spring is getting weak, or else it needs lubrication. For example, if I dial a "9", it might only...
8
8

Boston Marathon Person Finder - spread the word
I'm looking for someone or I have information about someone Person Finder: Boston Marathon Explosions

Holes in my front yard - maybe gophers?
No - wait. I know why my lawn looks like it's been blown up. Ya know, Kalifornia is getting so nutty, next thing will happen is someone will try to cut their arms off in a Home Despot store. Life and...

I hear the Boston Marathon ended with a bang...
Who said "bring the war home" ? Looks like you got your wish. Will your guns protect you now?
43
43

Bostitch N88RH cylinder removal?
Have rebuild o-ring kit; step 4 says remove cylinder but doesn't say how (other than don't use pliers so no scratchee; duh!). Can't budge the sucker so far so wondering if anybody here has done same...
4
4

Can a wet-dry vacuum filter be too big?
I have a circa-1985 Craftsman 16 gallon wet-dry vacuum. The filter ripped in the middle of a job so I needed one right away. My local Sears did not have the correct filter in stock, so I bought one...
14
14

Garbage disposal
OK guys, I need a recommendation for good one. The original one died a few years ago and I replaced it with an Insinkerator. That thing just isn't grinding fine enough and I'm getting way too many...
23
23

Pine pollen This stuff sounds like a miracle cure all
All I need to do is go out and lick my car. Pine pollen powder has been used extensively in traditional cultures throughout Asia. It has been revered as one of the top anti-aging herbs available. Pine...

OT - Would you buy based on this description?
My parents recently spent a night at a hotel that had Sleep Number beds. They kind of liked the bed, so my dad went online to do a little research. He learned that besides the mattresses, they also...
44
44